Help Us Make an Impact!
It has been quite amazing—and very sobering—to observe. The Lord has given Answers in Genesis a special part in a wake-up call to what I call a “sleeping giant” in America. As a part of this awakening, we have released an eye-opening resource that we believe will be a major shock that will “wake up” this “giant.”
Secularists now control the public education system, much of the court system, branches of government, and so on. Yet activist atheists (who vocally oppose AiG and Bible-believing Christians) constitute a minority in society. This small segment of atheists/secular humanists has become very aggressive in promoting atheism (through the courts, media, schools) and getting Christian reminders (crosses, Ten Commandment displays, Nativity scenes, teaching of creation and Bible in schools) removed from public places.
If the millions of Christians in America were to “wake up” and become more assertive in standing up for the Christian faith, they could have a great positive effect on the culture.
Christians have been intimidated by the constant attacks from scholars and intellectuals on the accuracy of the Bible. Believers don’t know how to answer their skeptical questions about God’s Word. Christians have been indoctrinated to believe that they need to be “neutral” in their arguments about moral issues and not use Scriptural arguments. But there is no neutral position—one is either for Christ or against Christ.
Furthermore, many Christians have been brainwashed into thinking that the so-called “separation of church and state” means that the public schools are now neutral because they have by and large eliminated God and the Bible from the classroom.
And sadly, many Christian leaders have accommodated to secularist views of evolution/millions of years, and some have even adapted heretical views in regard to the Bible (like those within the emergent church movement.)
In many ways, Christians have so accommodated to the secularists and compromising Christian academics that they have been “boiled to death.” As a result, they have become increasingly ineffective in affecting the culture by using moral truths from the Bible to help them combat abortion, “gay” marriage, etc.
Moments of Awakening
Christians really are a “sleeping giant” in this culture. I believe the Lord has been “awakening” them in many ways, and He often uses biblical apologetics ministries to do it. It is amazing to look back and realize what the Lord has been doing in recent times:
Christians really are a “sleeping giant” in this culture.
- This year is the 50th anniversary of the publication of The Genesis Flood by Drs. Morris and Whitcomb—which started the modern creation movement. Really, Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum are part of their legacy. This creation movement in our modern era helped “wake up a sleeping giant,” as so many in the church had been “asleep” in regard to the compromise with God’s Word in Genesis that has so undermined biblical authority.
- During the past few years, many organizations/people, such as the American Family Association, Dr. D. James Kennedy/Coral Ridge Ministries, Pastor Jerry Falwell’s ministries, and numerous others have been “waking up” the “sleeping giant” in regard to moral issues like abortion and “gay” marriage. They have helped alert the church that the Christian worldview was under a massive attack.
- In 2009, our publisher Master Books released the AiG book Already Gone (I am a co-author). This book detailed the results of an AiG-commissioned study by Britt Beemer’s America’s Research Group to find out why two thirds of young people are exiting the church when they leave home. This book has been a real “wake-up” call to pastors and the church as a whole. Many churches/homes are now introducing creation and general Bible apologetics into their programs.
- As a result of this research, AiG recognized the dire need to produce a Bible curriculum from kindergarten through adult that emphasizes biblical authority, teaches apologetics, and proclaims the gospel clearly. We stepped out in faith to begin this monumental curriculum, and by faith, we will be releasing this unique and powerful new teaching resource in the fall of 2012.
- In March of this year, AiG (boldly, unashamedly, and respectfully) stood against compromise teaching that was occurring at particular homeschooling conferences (run as a for-profit business, not a ministry). At this homeschool convention, anti-biblical teaching was being presented in workshops and resources in the expo hall. I spoke at two of these conferences, and then I (and AiG) was disinvited from speaking at the rest of this company’s conferences.
My expulsion from these homeschool conferences actually caused a big “shock wave” through the Christian homeschool community in America (and even in Canada). Many homeschoolers began to “wake up” to the fact that false teaching had been creeping into the homeschool movement through speakers and their Bible-compromising resources. Many leaders told us that this was a watershed moment for the homeschool movement nationwide.
In addition to these leaders in the homeschool movement, several dozen parents have commented to us that they will now need to look very carefully at homeschool resources and protect their children from compromise teaching that undermines biblical authority.
Being expelled from the convention caused thousands to join my Facebook page. One representative of the thousands (yes, thousands) of comments is this one:
“Thank you for standing for the truth, and for bringing to light the teachings of some of the other homeschool curriculums. We will be much more vigilant in choosing curriculum for our children based on this new knowledge.”
While I was writing this letter to you, we received a phone call from an AiG supporter who observed that God is using this convention cancellation for good. This person observed that the expulsion caused a “light to shine on the entire homeschool network in America and has awakened people of the need to re-evaluate who is being allowed into the vendor halls, speaking at the podium, etc.”
We rejoice that the Lord is using AiG yet again to help wake the “sleeping giant.” This month, our publisher has released the sequel to Already Gone, entitled Already Compromised (also co-authored by me). America’s Research Group (ARG) was again commissioned by AiG and our publisher, this time to research what is being taught in Christian colleges.
The research resulted in an eye-opening indictment of Christian colleges across America. In this unprecedented 2010 study (led by Britt Beemer, CEO of ARG), these colleges were polled on core faith questions ... and the results are both revealing and shocking!
The views, responses, and answers to basic questions about biblical authority from these leaders at Christian colleges will alarm you.
ARG interviewed Christian college presidents, academic deans/vice presidents, science department heads, and theology/religion department heads.
We discovered how these institutions address the cultural battlefields of science, Christianity, and the accuracy of the Bible, including views on the inspiration, inerrancy, and infallibility of the Word of God.
With this college survey, AiG quickly saw the great need to help parents and students with tips for choosing Christian colleges. We wanted to equip them with the questions to ask colleges to ensure that their children will be instructed to stand boldly on God’s Word.
I believe Already Compromised is going to be another watershed resource for the church in this era. The study of Christian colleges will send more shockwaves through Christendom.
Please pray for us right now. We know there will be many Christians who will not be pleased with Already Compromised and its revealing results.
As you know, Answers in Genesis has certainly gained a reputation for standing boldly and uncompromisingly on the authority of the Word of God. As a part of this, AiG is calling compromising Christian leaders to account, and also providing resources to call the church and culture back to the authority of the Word of God.
When you support AiG, you know that you are getting behind a Bible-upholding ministry that has stood firm and without compromise—even when it means being thrown out of a convention for calling Bible compromisers to account.
Your support is vital. Your partnership allows AiG to continue to equip adults and children to stand uncompromisingly on the authority of God’s Word—and to share the life-changing creation/gospel message!