Any Christian can get caught in the “bubble.” You start by spending much of
your time with Christian friends because of your similar interests. You worship
with other Christians on Sundays and perhaps during the week in a Bible study
or small group. Before you know it, you have very little contact with unbelievers.
While friendships with other Christians are invaluable, the Great Commission
means finding opportunities to share the gospel—outside the bubble.
You can find new
opportunities to share your
faith—if you intentionally
look for them.
But being in the bubble doesn’t mean you’re trapped. You can find new opportunities
to share your faith—if you’re intentional about looking for them. For example,
you can “hit the streets” with God’s good news. Sound scary? It doesn’t have
Street evangelism is a time-tested method. Paul often evangelized in public
places as he traveled throughout Asia and Europe. But he wasn’t unique in having
this ability. You can do the same:
- Attend training through organizations like Living Waters or Evangelism
- Use tracts, booklets, and other resources that can help you engage people
- Go with at least one other person for safety and support. Remember that
Jesus sent the disciples out in pairs.
- Pray for boldness to share the hope of Christ (Colossians 4:2–6).
- Expect rejection (Matthew 10:14). Not everyone will want to talk about
Jesus. Just keep praying and speaking the truth in love. (We’re called to
get the gospel from our lips to their ears. It’s up to God to get it from
their minds to their hearts!)
- Frequent a local park or other gathering place where people hang out. You
may also want to look for festivals and events in your area. Approach people
who are sitting on benches, not those rushing past or out for a run.
- Prepare answers for the common objections people have about Christianity
(such as the age of the earth, evolution, the reliability of the Bible, and
the reason for suffering). If you receive a question you can’t answer, see if you can get the person’s
email address or social media account name. Show your love for them by finding
Risk-free trial issue!
If you decide you want to keep Answers coming, simply pay your invoice for just $24 and receive four issues (a full year) more. If not, write “cancel” across the invoice and return it. The trial issue is yours to keep, regardless!
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
New subscribers only. No gift subscriptions.
Offer valid in U.S. only.