We asked our Facebook friends to tell us the creative ways they share the truth
about creation and the gospel at work, at home, and in their communities. Here
are some ideas you may want to try yourself.
- In my office, I have a whiteboard hanging in my cubicle, and when I’ve read
a Scripture that touches me, I write it on the board. I find that my coworkers
are curious about it, so they go and research it to see what it means.
- My husband, who is an assistant pastor, made brochures called “Q&A for Today”
with common questions people have about Christianity and controversial issues.
One of the men at church took them to his workplace and left copies in the bathroom.
- We organize group events centered on our “two-word-testimony” T-shirts. One
word is our life before Christ, and one word is our life now. Sometimes we go
as a group to the mall, and sometimes we perform a flash-mob event (i.e., appearing
suddenly in those T-shirts to clean a park or pay for gas or other helpful acts).
These T-shirts usually draw interest and questions.
- I have a large paper model of Noah’s Ark on the top of my cubicle. This sparks
lots of conversation!
- Some neighbors and I have been coordinating a backyard Bible club for the
past few summers. We’ve used Answers in Genesis VBS curricula to help us teach
the kids—and they love it! It also challenges us to live the gospel
in our everyday lives because our neighbors know what we believe. [Editor’s
note: For more information, visit AnswersVBS.com.]
- I browse the “new age” sections of bookstores, find a random book, and drop
a gospel tract inside. A few here and there can really add up.
- I lend a copy (I have several) of Dr. David Menton’s DVD Fearfully &
Wonderfully Made to expectant moms. I start up a conversation about childbirth
and ask if they are interested in learning more. Then I offer the video and
describe how Dr. Menton explains the miraculous process in a way that anyone
can understand. [Editor’s note: You can find this DVD at AnswersBookstore.com
and free online media at AnswersinGenesis.org/media.]
- Mentioning the Ark Encounter has been an awesome conversation starter! [Editor’s
note: For more information, visit www.ArkEncounter.com.]
Do you have an interesting way to share the truth of Scripture? Leave a wall
post on our Facebook page (Facebook.com/AnswersMagazine) or send an email to
[email protected], and we may include it in an upcoming issue.
Risk-free trial issue!
If you decide you want to keep Answers coming, simply pay your invoice for just $24 and receive four issues (a full year) more. If not, write “cancel” across the invoice and return it. The trial issue is yours to keep, regardless!
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
New subscribers only. No gift subscriptions.
Offer valid in U.S. only.