These and many other amazing facts spill off the 96 pages of the October–December 2009 issue of Answers magazine.
- Heat from our rapidly beating heart would kill us, if it were not designed with a special lubricated bag that reduces friction. (from “Heart—Constantly Beating Death”)
- Our bones produce new bone throughout adult life, constantly changing shape to handle new stresses, such as extra weight during pregnancy. (from “Bones”)
- Unlike the wires in a hardwired computer, our brain cells are constantly making new connections and “pruning” old ones that are unused. (from “Brain”)
- Guarding our bodies is a thin layer of dead cells, arranged into precisely arranged columns that are spot-welded together. (from “Skin—Our Living Armor”)
These and many other amazing facts spill off the 96 pages of the October–December 2009 issue of Answers magazine. Several nice illustrations and high-resolution images (many unique to Answers magazine) give fresh insight into God’s tender care for humans.
A special detachable chart in the latest issue of Answers magazine highlights the amazing variety of cells within the human body. Take a closer look at just 6 of more than 200 distinct types of cells, each performing different tasks to protect and sustain us.
Along with the psalmist David, we feel compelled to lift our voices in praise to our Creator, “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works” (Psalm 139:14).
Also in this issue, a mix of practical articles help you to defend your faith and proclaim the Savior to a blind and confused world—“Cyber Evangelists,” “How to Talk to an Atheist,” “Tips for Reaching Twenty-Somethings,” “Teaching Modesty in an Immodest World,” and so on.
Special Report: Why Are Young People Walking Away from Our Churches?
In addition to articles on the human body, evangelism, and apologetics, this issue includes a special section analyzing the mass exodus of young people from conservative churches:
- “Going, Going . . . Gone” by Ken Ham. Learn the shocking truth from a major study, commissioned by Answers in Genesis, that probed young people to find out why they left the church.
- “Does Church Need Change? Interview with Al Mohler.” Listen to a respected leader in evangelicalism, as he shares his heart about the failure of our Christian churches and homes to reach young people—and how we can improve.
- “Reaching Twenty-Somethings” by Ed Stetzer and Jason Hayes. How we can do a better job of reaching those who are not in church? Two respected researchers at Lifeway Christian Resources share highlights from their recent study of unchurched twenty-somethings.
The staggering losses should be a wake-up to the church. It’s time each one of us took a hard look at the problems and take immediate steps to make improvements.
“Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame” (1 Corinthians 15:34).
God’s Word and God’s Spirit are still living and powerful. We need to awake from our slumber and take up the whole arsenal of resources that God has put at our disposal (Ephesians 6:10–18).
The 8-page Kids Answers in the latest issue of Answers magazine shares the amazing design of our five senses. Then it challenges young people to glorify their Creator with those special gifts.