Choose this option if you do not wish to receive Continuing Education Units for this course.$89.00
CAP 204 with CEUs
Includes $20 fee for Continuing Education Unit processing.$109.00
- Overview of the structure of the universe, galaxies, planets, and introductory information
- Astronomical references in the Bible and their reliability
- Age of the universe
- Distant starlight
- Problems with the big bang hypothesis
- Extraterrestrials and UFOs
- The unique nature of the earth
- Online videos featuring expert instructors
- Reading assignments that will engage and equip you
- Discussion forums where instructors and students can interact
- Online quizzes with immediate feedback
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the scientific accuracy of biblical passages that relate to astronomy.
- Use astronomical observations, alongside Scripture, to defend the young age of the universe.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of different solutions to the distant starlight “problem.”
- Relate problems with the big-bang hypothesis and model of the formation of the universe.
- Describe the theological issues surrounding the existence of life outside of the earth.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to those finishing the course with a final score of 75% or higher. In addition, ACSI teachers who pass the course can receive 3 ACSI-accredited Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for an additional fee at registration.
- Students should expect to spend 6–8 hours per lesson watching the videos, reading the articles, asking questions in the forums, and taking the quiz. Complete the coursework at your own pace within three months.
- The advanced courses are open for enrollment but build on information from the CAP 101 Foundations in Creation Apologetics course. Students are expected to have a firm grasp on presuppositional apologetics to be successful in any advanced course.
- Parents or teachers seeking to use this course for high school credit can consider this the equivalent of one-half semester of social studies credit.