- Flood geology vs. Uniformitarianism
- The “geologic column” and geologic time
- Fossil evidence
- Radiometric dating techniques
- Grand Canyon formation
- Mount Saint Helens evidences
- Plate tectonics
- Ice Age
- Online videos featuring expert instructors
- Reading assignments that will engage and equip you
- Discussion forums where instructors and students can interact
- Online quizzes with immediate feedback
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- Relate the origin of the concept of millions of years as a Christian compromise position.
- State the basic concepts behind radiometric dating methods.
- Describe major differences between Catastrophism and Uniformitarianism.
- Describe the layers of the geologic column and the fossils they contain as a result of the original Creation events and the Flood.
- Use specific examples of geologic anomalies to discredit Uniformitarianism.
- Describe how plate tectonics and the Flood have played an important role in shaping the earth.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to those finishing the course with a final score of 75% or higher. In addition, ACSI teachers who pass the course can receive 2 ACSI-accredited Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for an additional fee at registration.
- Students should expect to spend 6–8 hours per lesson watching the videos, reading the articles, asking questions in the forums, and taking the quiz. Complete the coursework at your own pace within three months.
- The advanced courses are open for enrollment but build on information from the CAP 101 Foundations in Creation Apologetics course. Students are expected to have a firm grasp on presuppositional apologetics to be successful in any advanced course.
- Parents or teachers seeking to use this course for high school credit can consider this the equivalent of one-half semester of social studies credit.