These lessons are geared for middle-school students. Each lesson contains a series of questions to answer that pertain to the reading assignment. There is a section of each lesson for advanced students.
It is important that teachers prepare themselves by reading the stated pages prior to having the student read the assignment. If a child is not able to read yet, parents may wish to read the text to the student.
- Pages 69–72
NOTE: This week’s questions are the same as the questions in the text. We recommend reading the relevant articles at Get Answers: Geology and Get Answers: Flood After reading the text and additional information, students should answer the questions in their own words.
- How was the Grand Canyon formed?
- What causes the geysers in Yellowstone Park?
- How did Niagara Falls form?
- Why are the Appalachian and Rocky Mountains so different?
- How long does it take to form petrified wood?
- How are stalactites and stalagmites formed?
- How is coal formed?
- How is natural gas formed?
- How is oil formed?
- Are dinosaur fossils the most abundant type of fossils?