AiG is thrilled to be able to congratulate our Director of AiG’s Worldwide outreach, Dr. David Crandall, for receiving the honor of being named “Alumnus of the year” by the Baptist Bible College and Seminary–Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania. Dr. Crandall wrote to me:
I am very much honored that Baptist Bible College and Seminary alumni have selected me as alumnus the year. Thousands of alumni vote every year on this selection. On October 10th I will be honored at a special banquet on Campus. All four of my children are flying in for the event---it is the first time in years that all four have been with us at the same time. Only problem---10 grandchildren at the same time.You can read about this at this link: http://www.bbc.edu/alumni/past_award_recipients.asp
I praise God that He has chosen to use me in His ministry. I am especially thrilled to be with you and AiG and to see the global impact that is being made.
--David (Philippians 1:21.)
PRAY FOR DR. TERRY MORTENSON IN HUNGARY, SERBIA AND HOLLANDAs part of our commitment to take the creation/gospel around the world, Dr. Terry Mortenson has finished speaking in Hungary, is now in Serbia, and then goes on to Holland. He has a very intensive schedule and I would ask you to pray for him. Here are the highlights so you can pray specifically:
- HUNGARY & SERBIA, Sept 22-29
- Saturday, September 27 All Day Ministry in Serbia w/ Slovak-speaking churches
- Sunday, September 28 All Day Ministry in Serbia w/ Slovak-speaking churches
- Monday, September 29 Departure from Budapest to Holland
- HOLLAND, Sept 29-Oct 6
- Monday Sept 29 12:15 arrival Eindhoven 13:30 Interview with editorial board of Reformed Daily newspaper
- Tues Sept 30 7:45 leave home 10:00 opening devotional at Tyndale Theological College, and discussion 14:00 Evangelical High School De Passie Utrecht, with teachers 20:00 parents at the Evangelical High School De Passie Utrecht
- Wednesday Oct 1 10:00 opening devotion at Tyndale 12:00 drive to Bible school 13:30 Faith Walkers Bible school 20:00 meeting in church, Hoorn
- Thursday Oct 2 11:00 School Apeldoorn 2 presentations 20:00 Presentation Kampen on the Ark (a Dutch carpenter built a 1/3 scale model of the Ark that sails on the Dutch canals)
- Friday Oct 3 9:30 Interview with journalist from another Christian newspaper 14:30 EH Basisjaar 20:00 presentation Urk
- Saturday Oct 4 8:00 possible meeting Urk with Reformed theology students 10:45 leave for Utrecht 13:00 possible student congress with three meetings, 1st presentation 14:30 2nd presentation 16:15 3rd presentation 18:00 drive home to Waddinxveen
- Sunday Oct 5 10:30 church service Eindhoven; 19:00 church service Den Bosch
FLORIDA FEEDBACKLast Sunday I spoke at a large Baptist church near Tampa, Florida. We continue to receive some wonderful feedback from that time down there, such as:
Thank you for coming to Idlewild Baptist Church. Your visit was an answer to one of my heart's prayers. I first saw you over 20 years ago at the University Baptist Church.
Please keep up the good work. You really made an impact. I hope you can return and present a weekend seminar as the Lord leads. Several people in the Sunday class I attend are hoping you can come back and present a seminar.
Thank you very much.
--R. M., Tampa, FL
Made affinityThanks for stopping by and thanks for praying
(1Ki 3:1) And Solomon made affinity with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and took Pharaoh's daughter, and brought her into the city of David, until he had made an end of building his own house, and the house of the LORD, and the wall of Jerusalem round about.
We are to be in the world, but not of the world and we daily make the decisions as to whether or not we compromise by making an affinity with this world.