You can learn more about the Answers Education Online courses in the online education portion of our website.
Creation Apologetics and Geology
Strengthen your walk and deepen your understanding of the integrity and authority of Scripture. No other document in history makes the bold claims the Bible does, and no other document has the integrity of the Bible. This 7-lesson course will teach you how to defend the biblical account of Creation and the Flood in the area of geology and deepen your commitment to the authority of Scripture.
This course builds on the ideas presented in the Foundations course (we recommend CAP 101 Foundations in Creation Apologetics be completed before any advanced course). The principles of presuppositional apologetics will be used to dive deeper into each topic in this course. Students will be involved in reading articles, researching issues related to biblical authority, watching videos, and completing quizzes that uphold the Bible as the ultimate source of truth—even in the field of geology.
CAP 203 Overview
Flood geology vs. Uniformitarianism
The “geologic column” and geologic time
Radiometric dating techniques
Grand Canyon formation
Mount Saint Helens evidences
- Online videos featuring expert instructors
- Reading assignments that will engage and equip you
- Discussion forums where instructors and students can interact
- Online quizzes with immediate feedback
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
Relate the origin of the concept of millions of years
as a Christian compromise position.
State the basic concepts behind radiometric dating
Describe major differences between Catastrophism
Describe the layers of the geologic column and
the fossils they contain as a result of the original Creation events and
Use specific examples of geologic anomalies to
Describe how plate tectonics and the Flood have
played an important role in shaping the earth.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to those finishing the course with a final score of 75% or higher. In addition, ACSI teachers who pass the course can receive 2 ACSI-accredited Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for an additional fee at registration.
- Students should expect to spend 6–8 hours per lesson watching the videos, reading the articles, asking questions in the forums, and taking the quiz. Complete the coursework at your own pace within three months.
- The advanced courses are open for enrollment but build on information from the CAP 101 Foundations in Creation Apologetics course. Students are expected to have a firm grasp on presuppositional apologetics to be successful in any advanced course.
- Parents or teachers seeking to use this course for high school credit can consider this the equivalent of one-half semester of social studies credit.