Creation Apologetics and Biology
Strengthen your walk and deepen your understanding of the integrity and authority of Scripture. No other document in history makes the bold claims the Bible does, and no other document has the integrity of the Bible. This 6-week course will teach you how to defend the biblical account of creation in the area of biology and deepen your commitment to the authority of Scripture.
Students will be involved in studying issues related to biology from a creationist perspective through reading articles, watching videos, and taking quizzes—all working together to uphold the Bible as the ultimate source of truth.
CAP 202 overview
- Primer on molecular genetics, proteins, and phylogenetic trees
- The origin of life from matter
- Alleged evolutionary relationships
- Mutations and evolution
- Natural selection and speciation
- Icons of evolution
- Evolution in history and culture
- Online quizzes
- Online videos with integrated study guides
- Independent projects that apply what you have learned
- Reading assignments that will engage and equip you
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- State the basic concepts behind genetics, mutations, and natural selection.
- Recognize alleged evolutionary relationships and the evidence that is claimed to support them.
- Explain mutations with respect to DNA and genetic information.
- Refute the claim that mutations are the “raw material” for the evolution of life on earth.
- Relate the process of natural selection to speciation as it has been observed in nature.
- Identify “icons of evolution” and critically analyze how they are misused to convince people of the “fact” of evolution.
- Relate the history of evolutionary theory to culture and society.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to those finishing the course with a final score of 75% or higher. In addition, those who pass the course can receive 2 ACSI-accredited Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 1 in biblical studies and 1 in educational studies.
- Students should expect to spend 6–8 hours per week working on the assignments.
- This course is a self-directed learning experience and does not provide instructor feedback.
Class drop and refund policy
Students who have registered and paid for this course from Answers Education Online and wish to drop the course may receive a refund less a $15 processing fee up to 10 days after the course begins. No refunds will be offered for students who drop the course after 10 days from the beginning date.