But sometimes it’s difficult to convince pastors and other Christian leaders to make the switch to ABC. Often it’s because most of them have never thought through the exodus of our youth in this way. They recognize many young people are leaving the church, but they don’t have their finger on the problem. Until a pastor recognizes that the key issue is a lack of faith-affirming apologetics and biblical authority teaching, ABC is just another curriculum to them, so why bother switching? Sadly, many church leaders think they need to increase entertainment programs. Instead, they need good solid Bible teaching, including creation and biblical apologetics.
If you would like to see your church switch to using ABC, you need to help your pastor and other leaders see the need for the curriculum.
Help them understand that two-thirds of young people are indeed walking away from the church and that those kids are (were!) kids in your church. And many of these children are beginning to doubt God’s Word as early as elementary and middle school! They need to be equipped to stand strong, and the best way to do this is how we do it in ABC—by equipping the whole family, from preschool to adult. We do this by teaching through the whole Bible, chronologically, with apologetics integrated throughout.
Help them understand that two-thirds of young people are indeed walking away from the church and that those kids are (were!) kids in your church.
To help your pastor and other leaders see the need for this curriculum, consider doing the following:
- Ask them to host an AiG conference at your church.
- Show them a relevance message (such as this one available for free on YouTube or as a DVD through our online store).
- Give them a copy of The Lie or Already Gone (both of these books are also available to read for free on our website).
- Gift tickets to the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter, so they can come and visit both attractions for themselves.
- Show them the free month of lessons and the free holiday lessons available for them to download and try risk free. There’s nothing like firsthand experience with the curriculum to help someone understand how unique and practical it is!
Any, or all, of these things, may help your church leadership understand the need for ABC and how it can have a dramatic impact on the church and future generations.
Learn more about ABC, get the free lessons, or order it today for your church at AnswersBibleCurriculum.com.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.