As you read news reports or watch overage of the latest COVID-19 updates on TV, I’m sure you’re aware of the number of cases and deaths reported in some countries due to this particular coronavirus. And while many people are now house bound (in many countries) with no available childcare, confined either by recently enacted state/country laws, by self isolation, or even due to layoffs, we wanted to remind you that we have great resources that answer questions people may have about death, disease, and suffering from a biblical authority standpoint.
We have several dozen excellent articles on the subjects of suffering, death, disease and natural disasters.
In fact, we have several dozen excellent articles on the subjects of suffering, death, disease, and natural disasters. But for this blog I’m going to limit myself to only 10 of them. And I’m not going to rank them, I’ll let you decide which one ministers to you best.
For our New Answers Book 1, my dear friend, the late Dr. Tommy Mitchell (a medical doctor), wrote a chapter dealing with the question that you read online: “Why Does God’s Creation Include Death and Suffering?”
- Tommy also wrote an article that originally appeared in our Answers magazine called “Why Is the World Broken?”
- I also wrote an article for Answers magazine which examines God’s and man’s attitude toward death called “No One Is Good Except God Alone”.
- Answers News host and speaker Avery Foley wrote a moving article asking, “Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen?”
- Our friend, Dr. Andrew Fabich, a microbiologist, wrote an in-depth article about the causes and symptoms of the flu titled “The Flu: Everything You Need to Know.”
- Tom Miller of our staff looked back on Hurricane Katrina, which devasted the Gulf Coast back in 2005, in his article “Remembering Katrina.”
- The shortest article on this list comes from Answers magazine, yet it is still a powerful one which asks and then answers the emotionally charged question, “Natural Disasters—God Getting His Revenge?”
- Guest author and well-known speaker and radio host, Joni Eareckson Tada, wrote a moving and personally inspired article for Answers magazine which asks, “Why Do God’s Children Suffer?”
- I recently shared a piece from Dr. Andrew Fabich about how the church should respond to those in need during this coronavirus pandemic, “Coronavirus: Opportunity for the Church to Be the Hands of Christ.”
- Definitely another timely and informational article was this one by Dr. Joe Francis, which we featured on March 21, 2020. For those of you who may have missed it, Dr. Francis’ article on the coronavirus is here: “COVID-19, Coronavirus, and Creation Virology”.
I hope these articles will help inform you biblically about diseases, suffering, death, and natural disasters—plus also inspire you to use the opportunities God may give you for service to hurting individuals and those seeking answers to these questions.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.