I’m excited to announce the start of our 2019 Christmas programs! Join with us in celebrating the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ during ChristmasTime at the Ark Encounter and ChristmasTown at the Creation Museum, in Northern Kentucky. Thousands of individuals and families come each year to enjoy our spectacular light displays, concerts, festive food and drinks, shopping in our fair-trade markets, and more. And, of course, the central theme of our Christmas events is celebrating the gospel!
The central theme of our Christmas events is celebrating the gospel!
Here’s how we’re doing that at our two Christmas events, running November 29 through December 30 (closed Christmas Eve and Day):
- Encounter the Wonder. This spectacular Christmas video shares the hope of Christmas, beginning in Genesis. It plays on the massive LED screen in the Answers Center at the Ark Encounter. This powerful animated show was originally produced for showing on the 510-foot-long life-size Noah’s Ark—it’s utterly unique. It has now been modified and upgraded to show in the Answers Center on the state-of-the-art 70 X 22 ft. LED screen. It’s stunning.
- Traditional Christmas carol sing-along. The Ark’s resident musical group, Steve Hess & Southern Salvation, are performing a traditional Christmas carol sing-along in the Answers Center at the Ark Encounter. As you sing with our talented musicians, the carols will uplift you and direct your thoughts towards Christ and what he came to do for us.
- Live nativity. Reflect on the incarnation of Christ at our live nativity at the Creation Museum, featuring actors and live animals. It’s a wonderful opportunity to explain to your children what we’re celebrating during the Christmas season
- Christmas Truths for Families. Discover Christmas, beginning in Genesis, as you explore the true history of the world and the fulfillment of the promise God made to Eve in this special family workshop at the museum. You’ll go through Old Testament history and clearly see Christ from beginning to end. This event is free as part of the ChristmasTown at the Creation Museum experience and takes place December 3–6 at 5 p.m. Visit our website for all the details.
- Twelve Stones Christian Academy Christmas Event. The students from our Christian school, Twelve Stones, are putting on a special Christmas production, “Long Foretold,” at the Creation Museum on December 6, at 7 p.m. It’s a unique look at the wise men and their journey to worship Jesus. “Long Foretold” will answer your questions about the wise men: Were they at the manger scene? Why did they follow the star? Why were their gifts significant? And more! This event is free ($5 for parking). You’ll love to see these kids perform!
- Promise: A Christmas Drama. This one-night-only drama and musical event in the Answers Center at the Ark Encounter features a choir, orchestra, and cast of actors coming together from God’s Bible School & College, as well as Aldersgate Christian Academy, to trace the promise of the Messiah from Eden through the manger and to the cross. It will be a beautiful celebration of God’s unfailing plan of redemption and the hope we have because of Christ. This free event ($10 for parking) is December 7, beginning with a prelude at 4:30 p.m. Find all the event details on our website.
ChristmasTown and ChristmasTime are free events; you only pay for parking. (There is a fee to tour the museum and walk inside the Ark.) It’s an excellent opportunity to celebrate Christmas with your family, including unbelieving friends and family who will hear the message of the gospel at the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. Plan your visit today at ArkEncounter.com and CreationMuseum.org.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.