Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from all of us here at Answers in Genesis! During today’s American holiday of Thanksgiving, we trust, no matter your current circumstances, you are taking time today to thank the Lord for the many blessings he has so graciously given us. Here at Answers in Genesis, we have so much to be thankful for!
I want to share with you a few of the blessings the Lord enabled us to have this year.
- The opening of our stunning brand-new exhibits at the Creation Museum. This month, our artists, fabricators, designers, and other talented staff members put the finishing touches on a large new exhibit space, totaling around one-third of the entire museum. These new exhibits, now open to the public, proclaim the message of biblical authority, the relevance of Genesis, and Genesis as our foundation in a cutting-edge way. We’ve received raving reviews so far! We’re thankful these new exhibits will declare the truth of God’s Word to millions of more Creation Museum guests. The quality of these exhibits takes the Creation Museum to a whole new level of excellence! The Creation Museum is located west of the Cincinnati Airport.
- The opening of the beautiful Answers Center, our 2,500-seat multi-purpose center at the Ark Encounter. Having this state-of-the-art facility has allowed us to host wonderful conferences, including Answers for Women, Answering Atheists, and Answers for Pastors. We held a busy Creation College Expo, and many concerts, including our first sold-out concert with the Collingsworth Family and the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. These conferences and concerts were a huge encouragement to thousands of people, and we’re very thankful for the ability to host them at such a wonderful and unique facility. The Answers Center at the Ark Encounter is located south of Cincinnati.
- Raising all the funds we needed to upgrade the planetarium. Our planetarium at the Creation Museum has been a favorite with guests since we opened it in 2007. But the projector was wearing out and finding replacement parts was becoming impossible. We needed to upgrade. God blessed us with many generous donors who gave sacrificially, and we reached our goal! The project is now in progress, and we’re excited to open the planetarium next year (hopefully by spring) with brand-new equipment (laser projection, new sound, new dome, etc.) and eventually a new show.
- Ministering successfully across the United States and around the world. Our staff reached thousands of people in Chile, Mexico, Peru, South Korea, Spain, Egypt, Britain, Romania, Moldova, Australia, Canada, and other countries. Our speakers, including me, travelled around the world this year, speaking in churches, universities, and schools on the truth of God’s Word and the relevance of Genesis. Many believers were impacted and encouraged, and many unbelievers were challenged with the truth of God’s Word and the gospel.
- Celebrating 25 years of my daily 60-second radio program, Answers with Ken Ham. For a quarter of a century now (which is hard to believe!), I’ve been recording a short radio program to equip the church with answers and to challenge unbelievers. We’re thankful that, after so many years, this program is still growing—and has even been translated into Spanish as Respuestas Hoy to reach a new audience with the creation-gospel message (broadcast in over 100 Spanish-language stations today)!
Those are just some of the things we’re thanking God for today. Please join with us in giving glory to our Lord and Creator for what he has so graciously done through and for us. And have a wonderful Thanksgiving today!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.