As this unique scholarship involves a book written by AiG personnel, I thought it would be good to publicize this opportunity for students:
Master Books, an imprint of New Leaf Publishing Group [and publisher of many of our books], will award one $3000 scholarship for the 2010–2011 academic school year. The 2010 Master Books Scholarship Essay Contest is open to any high school junior or senior or the equivalent thereof from any public, private, or homeschool venue. The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
This scholarship is a one-time award and may be used at any accredited two-year, four-year, or trade school within the contiguous United States. This award covers only tuition and university-provided room and board. The scholarship monies will be forwarded to the college, university, or trade school of the winner’s choice in the winner’s name upon receipt of a copy of the winner’s confirmed admission to their chosen school.
- Scholarship information and application can be downloaded online at www.masterbooks.net
- High school transcript or the equivalent is required. Transcripts or the equivalent must be signed by the high school counselor, homeschool evaluator/supervisor, or principal. Scholarship submission name must be exactly as noted on the transcript in order to qualify for the scholarship.
- Scholarship applicant information, essay and transcript must be submitted by mail to:
Deadlines and other important dates:
- Scholarship available online: Now
- Scholarship due date: Applications, transcript, and essay are due February 28, 2010
- Scholarship Announcement: Winner will be notified by student and parent email on or before May 1, 2010
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a high school junior or senior or the equivalent
- Must be enrolled or enrolling in a U.S. accredited two-year, four-year, or trade school for the fall of 2010 or the fall of 2011
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent)
Students planning to apply for this essay scholarship may download two free chapters of the AiG book The New Answers Book 2 at www.masterbooks.net. After reading these two chapters, students are invited to write a 500 to 1500 word essay with the following focus:
Describe the differing views concerning the beginning of life (according to Chapter 29) and your personal conclusions based on the information.The essay will be judged on creativity, clarity of thought, accuracy, research, grammar, and spelling. The student’s essay will be the property of Master Books and may be used as an example or to promote this scholarship in the future. The student winner and his/her parent or guardian will be notified by email of their winning status and then must submit a written acceptance of the scholarship award by no later than July 30, 2010. If the acceptance of the scholarship is not received by July 30, 2010, the monies will be awarded to the 1st runner-up.
The Master Books Scholarship will be submitted to the winner’s accredited school upon receipt of a copy of their acceptance to that school. If the scholarship winner does not complete a full semester at the accredited school, the monies must be returned to Master Books to be awarded to the 1st runner-up. The winner agrees that all of his/her scholarship combined benefits do not exceed the cost of tuition, fees, and university-provided room and board as stated in the institution’s cost of attendance.
Download the application from Master Books.
Look unto me, and be ye savedThanks for stopping by and thanks for praying, Ken
(Isaiah 45:22) Look unto me, and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
We were saved when we looked exclusively to the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, apologized to Him as God for sinning against Him & fell on His mercy.