As well as geology, biology, astronomy, and anthropology—there is another major area where the Bible is attacked: archaeology. For instance, in the past, the following sorts of accusations have been made about the Bible’s accuracy—that there is no evidence:
- That Jericho was destroyed at the time of Joshua
- That the Patriarchs were in Egypt
- That the House of David (the Kingdom of King David) existed
- That Pontius Pilate was a historical person
- That Belshazzar existed at the time of Daniel
It is sad, but archaeology is another one of those areas that has been used to attack the Bible. However, praise God that there are Christian archaeologists who believe in the authority of the Word of God and who conduct research and publish information to give answers to this skeptical world that confirm the Bible’s history is true.
The only real conservative biblical archaeological group in the world I am aware of is the Associates For Biblical Research. You can find out about them from their website.
I was privileged last night to speak at their annual fund-raising banquet in Pennsylvania. I have included a number of photos:
1. 700 people purchased tickets for dinner
2. The founder of ABR, Dr. David Livingstone (he is now in his mid eighties), and me
3. Me and some of the ABR staff members
4. Me speaking from the podium
5. Mally and me—it was great that Mally could be with me
If you have never obtained ABR’s magazine (Bible and Spade) or newsletter, I encourage you to do so; go to:
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
(Mark 16:15-16) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
The gospel is so elegantly simple–to hear it and believe it and declare it is to be saved from sin and hell, but to not believe it is to be left in sin & judged.