I am writing this Friday morning (Thursday pm in USA) in Saipan. Tonight is the first two of six sessions where I will be speaking and translated into Chinese. Yesterday, I did a test run with the translator. Everything seemed to work well—though it is hard work. I have to summarize the concepts but keep them conversational in short bursts so that the translator can translate. The translator is the 18-year-old son of the head organizer. He is excellent! He even copies my mannerisms and expressions. We are all most impressed. And those that listened to his Chinese said he was fantastic. So, do be in prayer for this.
I've enclosed a few photos for you:
- The building where the conference will be held
- The sign on the outside of the building advertising the Chinese Church etc.
- The auditorium where I will speak (It has just been built and they are still putting finishing touches on it—this is their first ever conference like this.)
- The equipment AiG sent over for the video project
- AiG staff members Ben and Paul showing their jet-lagged look as they pondered what to do with the equipment!
- The transmitters of FEBC located on Saipan that beam into China, Russia, etc.
- The coast of Saipan
- The beautiful sunset last evening
CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION AT THE CREATION MUSEUM
Creation Christmas Celebration at the Creation Museum is a special event and is the start of a new tradition our guests can enjoy year after year. The dates for this event are December 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28. Our celebration this year includes after-hours museum admission, the premiere of “The Christmas Star” planetarium show produced by our astrophysicist, Dr. Jason Lisle, Christmas Cuisine in Noah’s Café, and the festive sounds of local choirs performing nightly in our theater. Answers in Genesis’ Buddy Davis is hosting Creation Adventure workshops for 7–11 year olds, as well as singing in our theater December 27 and 28. On all six nights we will hold a drawing for one free Annual Museum Pass for anyone that has pre-purchased tickets for this special event. Please call today to reserve tickets: Customer Service (800) 778-3390, ext. 350 or Group Reservations (888) 582-4253, ext. 355. See the website for details www.CreationMuseum.org.
I haven’t heard the latest numbers, but I believe the museum visitor count will reach 250,000 either Friday or Saturday.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying.