Now if you read the rather long document, you find it can be summed up this way: destroy Christianity and anything related to Christians.
Now if you read the rather long (28-page) document, you find it can be summed up this way: destroy Christianity and anything related to Christians. It’s nothing but an aggressive attack on Christians. They suggest actions such as:
- Remove government funding for pregnancy centers and reverse all benefits President Trump extended to religious schools and groups.
- Force faith-based adoption agencies to work with people they don’t agree with.
- Force religious schools taking government money to teach a government curriculum (especially in the science classroom).
- Gut or repeal the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- Fund embryonic stem cell research (which destroys human life).
- Use the IRS to target mega-churches for operating as businesses.
- Tighten the Johnson Amendment noose.
- Remove the ability of student groups to be faith exclusive.
- Remove religious schools’ access to vouchers.
- Force religious employers to pay for “birth control” (a euphemism for abortion and abortifacients like the “morning after” pill).
This anti-Christian approach is typical of many atheists—they have nothing positive to offer and spend most of their time attacking Christians. But as the Scripture states:
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. (Titus 1:15)
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. (Romans 8:7)
As we’ve warned many times, most secularists don’t just want tolerance—they want to outlaw Christianity and impose their religion of atheism on the culture.
As we’ve warned many times, most secularists don’t just want tolerance—they want to outlaw Christianity and impose their religion of atheism on the culture. By making the culture more secular, they aren’t making society neutral—they are substituting Christianity with the religion of atheism.
I believe all that’s happening in our Western cultures is a wake-up call for Christians in a (by and large) lukewarm church! It’s interesting that God’s Word uses a lot of military terminology because we are in a war—a raging spiritual war.
During one of our virtual staff meetings, I recently shared with our staff about the spiritual war raging around the world, giving examples from Australia, Norway, Canada, and the US. I encourage you to watch that presentation below:
Get More Answers on Answers News
This item was discussed yesterday on Answers News with cohosts Dr. Georgia Purdom, Dr. Jennifer Rivera, and Bryan Osborne. Answers News is our weekly news program conducted here at the Creation Museum and broadcast on my Facebook page and the Answers in Genesis Facebook page. We also covered the following topics:
- Are gendered toys and clothes a bad thing?
- What’s the best way to learn about evolution?
- Nickelodeon promotes a “Trans Youth Acting Challenge” with a transgender actor.
- And more!
Be sure to join us each Monday at 2 p.m. (ET) for Answers News. You won’t want to miss this unique news program that gives science and culture news from a distinctly biblical and Christian perspective.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.