It’s dinosaur month! What a great opportunity to teach children the truth about dinosaurs, starting with God’s Word, and equipping them with apologetics so they know what they believe about the true history of the world and why. And one way you can do that this month is with a new article series on our Kids Answers website featuring Kyle Morris, a dinosaur enthusiast and one of our presenters at the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter.
Kyle loves dinosaurs, and he’s written a series of articles that will be released each weekday this month, featuring his 20 favorite dinosaurs, along with biblical creationist worldview teaching. Here’s a sample from his first article:
Did you know that the Bible likely mentions dinosaurs? Though the word dinosaur didn’t exist when the Bible was translated into English, the word dragon did. Dragons are mentioned multiple times throughout Scripture, and many believe that the dragons mentioned may be describing now-extinct reptiles (including dinosaurs)!
Explore our Kids Answers website with your kids and check out this exciting dinosaur article series this month.
If you’re looking for other resources to help you celebrate dino month with your kids to counter the atheistic, evolutionary teaching in most dinosaur resources, consider adding the following books and DVDs to your home library:
- Dinosaurs for Kids. This book explores the 7 Ages of Dinosaurs for elementary and middle school kids, illuminating these creatures with a biblical worldview. And we recently released my book as a shorter swivel book which makes a great giveaway for churches.
- Dinosaurs for Little Kids. The true history of dinosaurs, now for younger children. Enjoy Bible-based facts about dinosaurs in rhyming format.
- D is for Dinosaur. Toddlers and preschoolers love this rhyming book that teaches about Noah’s Ark, the Flood, and dinosaurs (and the gospel message). Also available in DVD format.
- I Dig Dinosaurs! Dig for dinosaurs in Montana with Buddy Davis in this fast-paced adventure DVD.
- Dinosaurs and More. Using music and humor, Buddy and I take kids on an exciting ride through the 7 C’s of History and the 7 Ages of Dinosaurs in this DVD.
- Dinosaurs: Marvels of God’s Design. Now there’s something you don’t see too often—dinosaurs presented as evidence of God’s handiwork! This fascinating book satisfies your curiosity with dinosaur facts, while teaching a biblical worldview and giving God the glory.
- Guide to Dinosaurs. Learn all about the history of dinosaur fossils, different dinosaur types, and mankind’s interaction with “dragons” in the years following the flood. Great for the dinosaur-lover of any age!
- Dragons: Legends and Lore of Dinosaurs. Are dragon stories the result of overactive imaginations or reality? Most people believe that dragons are the stuff of fantasy. This fascinating book traces the evidence for these creatures throughout the world. (You can also discover more about dragons and dinosaurs in this DVD presentation from AiG’s Bodie Hodge.)
- Dinosaurs of Eden. Learn how “the history book of the universe,” the Bible, enables us to understand all about dinosaurs.
- A Pocket Guide to Dinosaurs and What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs? are excellent witnessing tools to give away this month or hand out at Halloween (with candy of course!).
Whew—can you tell we like dinosaurs around here, including inside our Creation Museum? The biblical worldview really does explain what so many people see as a great mystery, and we love being able to give people answers that point people to the truth of God’s Word and the gospel message.
Happy Dinosaur Month!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.