Here in Northern Kentucky we’re having the coldest week of the winter so far (and I know other states are currently in a cold snap), so I thought it was a good time to mention what will be here before we know it—summer and Vacation Bible School programs! Our Answers VBS theme this year is Mystery Island, so start thinking of sandy beaches, warm sun, and tropical flowers! The message of this VBS is vital in today’s increasingly secular anti-God culture. Children will learn who the one true God is and all about his attributes.
The message of this VBS is vital in today’s increasingly secular anti-God culture.
AiG VBS programs are unique and powerful, unlike any other VBS. Check out why this is so below.
If you haven’t selected a VBS yet, or your church currently isn’t hosting a program, here are 10 reasons to use our Answers VBS this summer:
- Give kids a biblical foundation. “So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes” (Ephesians 4:14). If we want our children to be firmly anchored to the truth of God’s Word, not tossed to and fro by the ever-changing whims of our culture, we must give them a biblical foundation. We must help them understand that the Bible is the foundation (starting point) for our thinking in every area. It is the ultimate authority. Our Answers VBS begins with God’s Word as the foundation and emphasizes that to children.
- Teach apologetics. I call it the “Genesis 3 attack” of our day: “did God really say?” Satan is crafty and uses the same attack he used on Eve in the garden on people today—“did God really say?” Equip children to know what they believe and why they believe it by teaching apologetics (answers). Answers VBS incorporates apologetics into the curriculum, giving kids a firm foundation for their faith.
- Teach about the one true God and his attributes. Who is God? What is he like? These aren’t just interesting questions to think about—what you believe and know about God influences your theology, doctrine, and, ultimately, how you live. We live in a culture that believes what you think about God is all that matters. But God—the one and only true God—has revealed himself through his Word about who he truly is. Children need to know who the one true God is and how he has chosen to reveal himself to us (through his written Word). Mystery Island dives deep into the attributes of God and how we can know who God is.
- Hands-on science experiments. Did I just put “science experiments” under “VBS”? Yes! Answers VBS incorporates hands-on science experiments into the curriculum because we want kids to know that we love science! And we want them to know that science confirms the Bible.
- Outreach to the community. VBS often draws children who don’t normally attend church on Sunday mornings, and this may be the first time they learn from God’s Word, get answers to their questions, hear the gospel, and get plugged in with your church. It’s a wonderful opportunity to reach out to children and families in your area.
- It’s fun! Answers VBS is filled with all the fun aspects of VBS—games, snacks, crafts, drama, and more. But each of these elements is designed not only to be fun but to reinforce the main point of the day’s lesson.
- Teen curriculum. Thought VBS was just for kids? Think again! Answers VBS also produces a curriculum for teens and adults. We want your volunteers not only to learn to serve others through VBS but to learn from the Word of God as well. This teaching is in-depth, filled with biblical authority and apologetics teaching, and is sure to make a lasting impact.
- Share the gospel. Each Answers VBS is gospel-centered, and Mystery Island is no exception. One day each VBS week is specifically focused on the gospel, but the gospel message is taught every single day—children can’t miss it! It’s a wonderful way to introduce kids for the first time, or the hundredth time, to the precious message of the gospel (something they can never hear enough!).
- Resources for teachers. We want to make VBS as easy as possible for those volunteering their time and talents. Our resources are easy to use, and our digital platform makes registering students, scheduling volunteers, and more a breeze. We also provide teaching for volunteers to help them grow in God’s Word through this time and help them to answer kids’ questions.
- Content you can trust. As you have come to expect with Answers in Genesis’ materials, there’s no “fluff and stuff” here. We go in-depth in God’s Word, giving children “meaty” truths from the Word of God that will stay with them for a lifetime. It’s content you can trust to be faithful to God’s Word and relevant to what’s happening in our world as we apply the Bible to the issues of our day.
What are you waiting for? If you haven’t tried Answers VBS yet, order your Super Starter Kit today and get started—it’s a unique VBS program that will impact little hearts and minds for Christ. Learn more, and order today, at AnswersVBS.com.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.