Looking back over 2016, AiG is so thankful for the many ways God has blessed us in both big and small ways here at Answers in Genesis. Throughout my nearly 40 years of ministry, God has been faithful over and over, and this year was no exception. Here are seven ways God blessed us this year in the United States and abroad.
- Opening of Ark Encounter. On July 7 we opened the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky. We are thankful for God’s faithfulness through all the stages of this huge undertaking, from planning to fundraising to building to opening. It’s exciting to visit the full-size Ark and see how God is using it to impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
- Increased numbers at the Creation Museum. With the opening of the Ark Encounter just 45 minutes from the Creation Museum, we’ve seen increased attendance at the museum (attendance has essentially doubled)—so much that we had to build another parking lot. Also, future museum expansions are underway.
- Number of guests at the Ark. We’ve seen nearly 500,000 guests visit the Ark Encounter since it opened. Almost half a million people—including skeptics—have been encouraged to trust God’s Word and the gospel through the Ark! (Since the Ark’s opening, the Ark and museum combined have seen over 700,000 visits.)
- Spanish radio translation. For years I’ve been doing a weekday, 60-second radio spot called Answers with Ken Ham. Well, now you can hear it as Respuestas Hoy (Answers Today) on over 30 radio stations as we reach out to Spanish speakers around the world.
- Spanish VBS translation. This year we announced that we’ve partnered with Fundación Véritas to launch a Spanish Vacation Bible School (VBS) translation. Our 2016 VBS, Ocean Commotion, will be available in 2017 in Spanish! Because there are virtually no Spanish apologetics or biblical worldview resources for children, we are excited about this new opportunity to reach children with the gospel.
- Answers magazine expansion. In a time when most print magazines are cutting back issues, Answers magazine has expanded from four to six issues per year. This means more apologetics and biblical worldview content for families across the world.
- Victory in the courts. In January of this year, we won our lawsuit against the state of Kentucky. The state had declined to give us a facially neutral tax rebate because of the Ark Encounter’s religious nature. But we praise God that we won this important religious freedom case, and the Ark Encounter was granted the sales tax rebate (i.e., a rebate on sales tax generated at the Ark Encounter).
As 2016 ends we thank God for His goodness and blessing, and we look forward to seeing what He will do in 2017!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.