Nannan’s Post-Grandkids Visit Checklist
This is a partial list and will be added to over time to help Poppa and Nannan cope with life:
- Check outside lighting switch at back sliding door—turn back on.
- Check which cords were pulled out of printer—plug back in.
- Watch for carefully hidden items on stairs, placed strategically to cause major damage to body in a fall.
- Check inside car, turn off inside lights, and reset all switches back to normal.
- Check exercise/game room and pick up all darts so unsuspecting adult won’t injure feet.
- Turn off light in downstairs bathroom and pick up toilet paper.
- Check all toilets and flush smelly contents.
- Watch for half-filled applesauce pouches that can project sauce if stepped on.
- Watch for trails of Goldfish crackers and other cookies—sometimes they lead to hidden items.
- Check armchairs for all sharp items strategically placed to harm adult who sit on them.
- Ensure all battery-operated toys are off so they don’t make weird sounds during the night and disturb sleep.
- Reconstruct gas fireplace—have glue handy to re-glue bricks.
- Write note to buy more bulk packets of super glue.
- Check pantry shelving for weird items.
- Glue prize flowers back on plants.
- Check bed for strategically placed small items meant to harm adult who tries to sleep.
- Check under car for scooters placed to damage car and cause maximum stress.
- Reprogram remotes on TV back to normal settings.
- Look for billiard balls in hidden locations.
- Check for missing cue sticks from billiard table—assume hidden under chairs and other places so Poppa can’t find them.
- Watch for sharp objects on floor, deliberately placed to inflict pain.
- Seal up trash bag containing used diapers.
- Look in trash cans and search for valuable items (use gloves).
- Use potent chemicals to remove drawings off furniture and walls.
- Have touch-up paint handy for walls.
- Set aside time for drywall repair.
- Peel dried food off all cushions.
- Search all drawers in furniture for hidden items (particularly food items).
- Make monthly appointment at chiropractor.
- Make monthly appointment for psychiatrist.
- Buy monthly medical supplies—particularly Band-Aids with pretty pictures used to console children even if no injury.
- Look for hidden food taken off plates to make Nannan think it was eaten.
- Collect all toys in backyard and put away.
- Check roof of house for toys.
- Find which Christmas presents have been unwrapped.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,