“It is good to give thanks to the Lord” (Psalm 92:1). Today is Thanksgiving Day here in America,* a day where the nation sets aside time to give thanks for our many blessings. While many people today “give thanks” to no one, we know it is the Lord who gives us “every good gift and every perfect gift” (James 1:17) and we want to take time today to thank him for what he has done through—and at—Answers in Genesis, the Creation Museum, and the Ark Encounter this year.
Here’s just some of what we’re thankful for in 2021:
- Fantastic attendance at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum We’ve seen many record-breaking days this year at both attractions as thousands of families pour in each day to learn about the truth of God’s Word and the gospel message (as well as have an amazing time as a family!).
- God’s blessing on our end-of-year fundraiser (including a generous donor doubling all donations up to $8.5 million through December 31!). We’re over halfway towards our $17 million goal for much-needed expansions and upgrades at both attractions to accommodate the massive numbers of guests, as well as provide even more opportunity for teaching from God’s Word. You can learn all about what’s coming on our donate page.
- The release of many new resources, including my just-released family commentary on Genesis chapters 1–11, Creation to Babel, and my powerful new book Divided Nation: Cultures in Chaos and a Conflicted Church (which includes a link to presentation slides so many others can share the message of the relevance of Genesis in their churches and communities). We also released the Fearfully & Wonderfully Made pro-life book, a Christmas play, devotionals that teach through the Bible chronologically, The Gender & Marriage War, and even a cookbook!
- A brand-new website for our technical journal, Answers Research Journal. This new website makes it easier for everyone to enjoy access to cutting-edge creation research.
- The opening of new exhibits and upgrades to the attractions, including Borderland: Israel at the Time of Jesus at the Creation Museum and our stunning rainbow arch at the Ark Encounter. We also welcomed many new animals to our zoos.
- The launch of Answers Bible Curriculum for Homeschool. This K–5 homeschool curriculum teaches through the Bible chronologically in four years, teaching doctrine, theology, apologetics, and life application to children. We’ve received so many encouraging reviews from parents who are loving the rich biblical content.
- Our Sanctity of Life VBS for 2022. Zoomerang Vacation Bible School will be used in thousands of churches next year across the US to teach children that every life is precious, from the tiniest unborn person to the oldest person. It’s so powerful and we’re so excited to make this resource available to churches.
- The incredible impact of our 40 Days and 40 Nights of Gospel Music event at the Ark Encounter. We heard of several hundred salvation testimonies during this event! Praise the Lord! Make plans to join us next year.
- The tens of thousands of children who visited both the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter for free this year! We’re offering all children ten and under free admission to both attractions again next year.
Whew! We have a lot to be thankful for! Will you join us today in thanking the Lord for his blessing on this ministry?
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night,
to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy. (Psalm 92:1–4)
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.
*Thanksgiving was celebrated last month in Canada.