Those who claim they’re tolerant of all views of marriage are intolerant of those who say marriage is only one man and one woman, based on the Bible. Those who say we should allow all views regarding gender don’t allow the view that says that what God instructs is the correct view—male and female. Those who redefine gender and marriage are intolerant of and prejudiced against the Christian view that defines these as God’s way.
The family is the first and most fundamental of all institutions that God ordained in Scripture, going back to when God made the first man and woman. The family is the educational unit God uses to transmit the knowledge of His Word generation to generation and to the world. Abortion, gay "marriage," homosexual behavior, and transgender issues are all attacks on the true family God ordained in Scripture.
“A Woman Who Fears the Lord Is to Be Praised”
So, speaking of marriage, I thought I’d share this story with you. One of our sons found a book on my wife’s bookshelf (see photo) and asked her why she had that book.
The answer (well, I’m sure it’s the answer she gave) was that it helped her understand what a wonderful husband she was married to. Of course the real answer was that she had no idea where the book came from, but it gave us all a good laugh anyway!
But the truth is, this ministry (including Answers in Genesis, the Creation Museum, and Ark Encounter) would not be where it is today if it was not for a very special wife, Mally, who has sacrificed much over the years without a word of complaint, because she is so dedicated to reaching as many people as possible with the truth of God’s Word and the gospel.
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:26–30)
Recently my wife decided to make banana nut pancakes for breakfast, and, as I often share some of our personal experiences with you, I thought I would post this photograph.
Then I remembered that no matter what photo or post I put up, someone will say something negative. So I thought I would try to do my best to say all the negative things first—I’m still sure someone will come up with something else—but here’s my try:
- At your age you shouldn’t be eating pancakes.
- It’s the wrong brand of maple syrup.
- You didn’t capitalize Banana and Nut.
- Your wife is not looking after your health doing this.
- The pancakes are obviously too thick.
- Are you sure there’s enough banana in them?
- What kind of nuts—some are not suited to pancakes.
- Did you use flour hand ground from wheat? You should.
- Hope you didn’t use processed flour.
- Is the maple syrup real or artificial?
- Can’t believe you forced your wife to do this.
- Is your wife trying to end your life?
- Aussies don’t eat pancakes for breakfast; you’re letting your homeland down.
- You’re not going to eat all of those are you?
- You should have gotten up early and cooked breakfast for your wife.
- One looks a little burned.
- I have a better recipe for you.
- Hope you’re not eating a big lunch now.
- They don’t look like typical American pancakes.
- Hope you used real butter.
- Hope they weren’t made out of a packet mix.
- Make sure you wash up for your wife now.
Well, I tried to cover most things! Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.