If you have never seen this video clip (and provided you can stomach watching the dissection of an animal), you will be fascinated by the remarks of this scientist as he explains the internal workings of a giraffe. But then at the end, there is an interesting “slip.” (The clip was put together by Todd Friel of Wretched Radio; Todd of course supports the AiG ministry.)
The Great ExpansionThis month is a very busy one for the warehouse and fabrication staff at AiG and the Creation Museum. We are moving our entire warehouse, wood/metal shop, and some other areas of the ministry to more than 50,000 sq. ft. of space at a separate location. We are doing this for a number of reasons:
- We have run out of room in our warehouse and needed a much bigger area for bulk storage and for fulfilling daily orders (which have continued to increase). Praise the Lord so many resources are being sent out around the world impacting churches, individuals, colleges, etc.
- We will be expanding the Creation Museum. Because of the crowds at the Creation Museum (particularly during the summer and at Christmas), we need more room in the museum so people can have a great experience on crowded days. We are turning our 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse into a multi-purpose room and space—where we can fit up to 1,000 people for special lectures. At the present time, we have to close down our Special Effects Theatre for lectures, and we cant’ fit everyone in. We also have need for more room for the many workshops run at the Creation Museum.
- We also have plans to expand the biblical authority room in the museum and add other exhibits (we have been donated some world-class collections we want to display).
- Eventually we want to dramatically increase the size of the Last Adam Theater, so no one misses out on hearing the saving gospel message after they tour the museum.
- We need to expand the bookstore (we run out of browsing room on busy days).
- There is a need to expand the number of restrooms.
We will move ahead with the above expansion items at the museum as funds come in. We trust to have the multi-purpose room functioning sometime next year.
Here are some photographs of just part of the new warehouse space before the major move started (these photos don’t include the office space, print shop, and other areas):
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,