This past week we have had three snowstorms in the tri-state area, leaving us with about 15 inches of snow and much higher drifts. When my daughter and I were taking a pretend “train adventure” the other day and she asked me where I wanted to go, I said—Hawaii! I’ve done my share of grumbling about shoveling snow and the resulting backaches, bad road conditions, and so on. But I decided today that I’ve had enough! When I look around, I have so much to be thankful for. So, here’s a short list I’ve compiled.
- I have a house with a working furnace and the ability to pay the heating bills.
- I have clothes and blankets to keep me warm.
- I have a pantry and refrigerator stocked full of food.
- I have clean water to drink.
- I have a husband who tirelessly shovels the driveway.
- I have the ability to work from home (when I’m snowed in!) thanks to technology.
Also, don’t miss Ken Ham’s State of the Nation live webcast tonight at 8:00 p.m. EST.