Expanded and Simplified
- Students will take a chronological tour through the Bible in four years instead of three. We’ve added more engaging lessons in both the Old and New Testaments. The entire curriculum is now 200 lessons!
- Instead of following the outdated quarter system, we now number our lessons from 1 to 200, so you can easily start or pause anytime without missing anything. And it makes it easier to use for non-Sunday school settings.
- The lessons are packaged in 20 Units of 10 for flexible scheduling, with the tenth lesson being a review.
- ABC is now available in six age groups: Pre-K–1, Grades 2–3, Grades 4–5, Middle School, High School, and Adult.
- ABC 2nd Edition uses the popular English Standard Version of the Bible. The ESV is an essentially literal translation of the Scriptures that is easier for children to understand.
- Based on customer feedback, we’ve simplified the younger-grade lessons to make them more age-appropriate without compromising the depth of teaching that ABC has become known for.
More Resources to Help You Teach!
- We’ve added optional games, activities, and crafts in nearly every lesson!
- A coloring sheet is provided for every lesson in Pre-K–1 and Grades 2 to 5.
- Pre-K–1 and Grades 2–3 students will enjoy the new Justin & Jessie series. Each week these illustrated stories will help students understand how they can apply the lesson to their own lives.
- PowerPoint presentations with the Scriptures, Lesson Theme Posters, Class Notes, and illustrations are included in each lesson for Grade 2 to Adult.
- Many lessons are enhanced with an optional, age-appropriate video clip from Answers in Genesis resources.
- All printable resources are now conveniently available as PDF downloads.
Memory Verse Songs
- We’ve teamed up with Seeds Family Worship to produce two original memory verse songs for each unit! Every Teacher Kit (Grades 2 to Middle School) includes digital downloads of an MP3, lyrics video, and a split-screen hand-motions/lyrics video. CDs of the songs are available for purchase to give to students and families.
- Pre-K–1 will learn new Memory Verse songs and lesson songs with original music written for their age level.
|ABC 1st Edition (Original)
||New ABC 2nd Edition
|Chronological and apologetics-focused
||Chronological and apologetics-focused
|Through the Bible in 3 years (156 lessons)
||Through the Bible in 4 years (200 lessons)
|Based on the New King James Version
||Based on the English Standard Version or the King James Version
|Organized into 12 Quarters (3 years, 4 qtrs/year)
||Organized into 20 Units of 10 lessons each
|Printable PDFs available on CD-ROM
||Printable PDFs available as downloads (USB flash drive available for separate purchase)
|2-sided 11x17 folded take home sheets (Pre-K–Grade 5)
||2-sided 8.5x11 take home sheets (Pre-K–Grade 5)
|Pre-K songs to familiar nursery rhymes; only lyrics provided
||Pre-K songs to original tunes; we provide both lyrics and MP3 files
|No music provided for Grades 2 and up
||Memory Verse songs (two/unit) for Grades 2 to MS—MP3, MP4 video, & sheet music
|Seven age levels
||Six age levels
||More activities, crafts, videos, and games
||Justin & Jessie story for every Pre-K lesson
The 2nd edition of Answers Bible Curriculum is now shipping! Order today, or download a sample month of four free lessons for all age groups.