Most churches and ministries depend heavily on volunteers. You can see service
as “meeting needs,” but the blessings typically go both ways. As you give your
time and resources, God will reward beyond your efforts, blessing in “good measure,
pressed down, shaken together, and running over” (Luke 6:38).
Benefits of Serving
- Work alongside and learn from other, experienced Christians.
- Meet others with similar life goals, even finding new lifetime friends.
- Expand your education.
- Prepare for a specialized field.
- Examine God’s potential call into full-time ministry.
- Grow together as a family or church group.
- Be inspired by workmates to serve the Creator even more faithfully.
Tips for Effective Service
- Don’t let service take the place of your relationship with Christ your Savior.
- Find a good church and accountability group nearby.
- Don’t let your perceived skills limit your service; you might be surprised
what else God can do through you.
- Adopt a Christ-like spirit to do whatever is needed.
- Professionals can offer services at a reduced rate, even if not completely
free. That still represents a gift.
- Retirement is not the end of service; retirement offers unprecedented opportunities
to serve God.
Risk-free trial issue!
If you decide you want to keep Answers coming, simply pay your invoice for just $24 and receive four issues (a full year) more. If not, write “cancel” across the invoice and return it. The trial issue is yours to keep, regardless!
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
New subscribers only. No gift subscriptions.
Offer valid in U.S. only.