As I sat down to write my blog today, I was having difficulty picking a topic.
- Should I talk about a historic church closing in Ohio because it has insufficient membership to pay the bills and plans are to sell to a buyer that will turn it into a “performance space?”
- Should I talk about how many Christian publishers are trying to “sanitize” (in other words, remove references to Jesus, etc.) children’s books and resources to appeal to larger audiences?
- Should I talk about a music group whose videos appear on the Disney Channel, telling kids the Bible is just a “story” and science is real?
- Should I talk about churches that value entertainment more than solid Biblical teaching? I recently watched a video clip of a worship leader that had the congregation perform the Hokey Pokey, and the pastor joined right in!
- Should I talk about a law that may be passed in Mexico granting temporary marriage licenses?
Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls— Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills.Let's keep fighting the good fight of the faith!