on October 24, 2023
Hey kids, welcome back to our series on the mysteries of created kinds. This week we head south to the Australia region to meet a small family of climbing birds.
Varied Sittella Male
Peter Jacobs from Australia, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
This week’s kind is the Neosittidae—the Sittella kind. Learn more about the Neosittidae as Professor Barry Mins studies kinds that may have been on the Ark.
- This week’s kind is the ________.
- They are found exclusively in _________ and the Indo-Papuan island of New Guinea.
- There are only three _______.
- They hunt _______ on tree trunks.
- They will respond to perceived threats by _______ the threat.
- They _____ together in communal groups.
- Their nests are ____-shaped.
- They lay ____.