Finger Puppet Animals pattern is available by downloading the pdf version of this project (see below).
- Finger Puppet Animals pattern
- White cardstock, 1 sheet for every 2
- Paper towel tubes, 1 for every 2 children
- Glue dots, 6 per child
Tools and Basic Supplies
- Office paper cutter
- Crayons or markers
- Photocopy the Finger Puppet Animals pattern onto
white cardstock and cut out one set per child.
- Using an office paper cutter, cut paper towel tubes into
¾ in. sections, 6 per child.
Show the sample craft and say:
We’re making some finger puppets today. Your hands will
work the puppets and make them move. It’s a fun way to
use your hands! God gave us hands that can do all kinds
of things, like making puppets move. But the very best
thing your hands can do is to work for God. When you
work hard at whatever job God has given you, whether it is
doing your homework, finishing your chores, reading your
Bible, developing a talent, caring for others, etc., you will
be working for the Lord, and not for men. It pleases God
when you work hard for Him!
Class Time Directions
- Use crayons or markers to color each of the animals as
- Attach each animal to a tube section with a glue dot.
- Provide a little “set” for your safari animals by adding a
green paper plate (for the savanna) and an upside-down
brown paper cup with white cotton “snow” on top (for
Super Simple Idea
Try the following Oriental Trading Company craft kit. (Call
1-800-875-8480 or visit www.orientaltrading.com.)
- Wiggle Eye Safari Finger Puppets Craft Kit (IN-13627707)—
Manufacturer does not recommend this for children under