You can learn more about the Answers Education Online courses in the online education portion of our website.
The course will arm you with knowledge and resources to help you engage the culture with the truth of Scripture, and will review the scriptural foundation that refutes those who compromise Scripture by espousing ideas like progressive creation and theistic evolution.
In addition, you will study important concepts in biology and geology to become better able to provide answers “to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you.” (1 Peter 3:15)
- The relevance of creation to the gospel
- The incompatibility of evolution and the Bible
- Biblical and scientific support for a recent, six-day creation
- How to use logic to defend your faith
- The nature of Noah’s Flood
- Compromise in Christian doctrine
- Implications of death before sin
- The relationship between Genesis and the rest of the Bible
- The 7 C’s of biblical history
- Basic radiometric dating concepts
- Understanding mutations and evolution
- Discussion forums where instructors and students can ask questions
- Online quizzes with immediate feedback
- Online videos with integrated study guides
- Live chats with the instructors
- Independent projects that apply what you have learned
- Reading assignments that will engage and equip you
Goals and Outcomes
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- State reasons for a literal interpretation of the Genesis account of Creation.
- State why an evolutionary worldview is inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible.
- State how a global Flood is presented in the Bible.
- Use principles of logic to expose and avoid invalid arguments.
- State the importance of sin preceding death.
- Explain inconsistencies in compromise theories such as the gap theory, progressive creationism, and theistic evolution.
- Use other passages from the Bible to confirm the Genesis account of Creation and Genesis as literal history.
- Use biblical truths and scientific examples to refute evolutionary claims.
- Answer questions from skeptics on biblical authority and scientific validity of biblical creation.
- Defend the authority of the Bible.
- Be ready to give a defense for the hope of eternal life found in Jesus Christ alone.
- Share the gospel with confidence.
- A digital certificate of completion will be awarded to those finishing the course with a final grade of 75% or higher.
- Students should expect to spend 4–6 hours per week working on the assignments and completing the quizzes. Complete the coursework at your own pace as you work through the 15 lessons.
- ACSI teachers who pass the course can receive 4 ACSI-accredited Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 2 in biblical studies and 2 in educational studies. (A $20 fee will be assessed for CEU processing.)