on June 11, 2008
Take a look at some of the differences between bats and birds.
- Birds are birds
- A bird hatches from an egg
- Birds have feathers
- Birds have internal ears
- Baby birds eat bugs and worms from their mom’s mouth
- Birds often fly into glass (they just don’t see it)
- Bats are mammals
- A bat is born
- Bats have fur
- Bats have external ears
- Baby bats drink milk from their mom
- Bats do not fly into glass (because they “see” by sound waves and can tell the glass is there)
Bats: Marvels or Monsters?
This issue of Kids Answers explores interesting facts about bats, looks at differences between birds and bats, contains a pull-out bat poster and more!
Browse Kids Issue