This week, we migrate to Central and South America, looking for a large family of small birds.
Francesco Veronesi from Italy, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Learn more about antbirds as Professor Barry Mins studies kinds that may have been on the Ark.
- This bird can be found in Central and South _______.
- Many species follow army ant ______.
- They like to eat the ______ that the mass of swarming ants root out in their travels.
- Some species depend entirely on the army ____ to find their food for them.
- If they cannot find a swarm, these birds will visit known ant ________ looking for one to follow.
- The females lay one or two ____.
- The eggs are splotchy ____ in color.
- Nestlings hatch without ________.
- This week’s kind is the Thamnophilidae, or _______ kind.
- These birds get their name from their habit of ________ army ants.