This week, we head to the coasts of Australia, looking for small songbirds.
Francesco Veronesi from Italy, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Learn more about bristlebirds as Professor Barry Mins studies kinds that may have been on the Ark.
- These small songbirds can be found in _________.
- This kind is threatened by Australia’s susceptibility to ________.
- These birds tend to be _____ enough to flee fire-threatened areas.
- Recolonization after a fire depends on how long it takes for the _______ to become suitable for them.
- These birds are ___________.
- They prefer to live in denser vegetation with at least some ______ height.
- There are only _____ species in this kind.
- This week’s kind is the Dasyornithidae—the ___________ kind.
- They love to eat ____ and beetles but will eat most insects.
- They also eat other terrestrial _____________.