This week, we leave the seas behind and move inland to the large southeast Asian island of Borneo, looking for some earless lizards.
Earless Monitor Lizard, Chien C. Lee, Wild Borneo Photography, via Wikimedia Commonss
Learn more about earless monitor lizards as Professor Barry Mins studies kinds that may have been on the Ark.
- These lizards live on the large southeast Asian island of _____.
- This kind is incredibly _______, with specimens only showing up periodically.
- There is a single _______ in this kind.
- It hides in remote ______ and along their banks.
- These lizards have a goggle-like transparent ______ they use to see while still protecting their eyes.
- This week’s ____ is the Lanthanotidae.
- Their diet is unknown in the wild, but they readily eat ____ in captivity.
- This kind has no ____.
- These are commonly called earless _______ lizards.
- There are several disputes about their rarity and potential ________.