- 9-oz. clear plastic punch cups with lids, 1 of each per
- White crinkle cut shredded paper, 1 pinch per child
- Blue crinkle cut shredded paper, 1 pinch per child*
- Rice, 1 spoonful per child
- Confetti snowflakes, 4 or 5 per child
- Isaiah 1:18 Verse Cards (DVD-ROM or supplemental materials download below)
- White copy paper, 1 sheet for every 72 children
- Cross/Bible stickers, 4 per child (11-5-088)
- Blue yarn, approximately 11 in. per child*
- Snack-size zippered baggies
*Sizes and lengths may vary depending on the style of plastic
punch cups and lids purchased.
Tools and Basic Supplies
- Glue Sticks
- Plastic spoons
- Photocopy the Isaiah 1:18 Verse Cards onto white copy
paper. Then cut out one verse per child.
- Cut yarn into approximately 11-in. pieces, 1 per child.
The yarn should be long enough to cover the valley created
by the cup lid when the cup is upside down with
the lid snapped on.
We're making a snow globe today with something special
inside it. Does anyone know what that is? Yes, a cross! Every
time you see a cross, it should remind you that Someone
loves you more than anyone in the whole world. Do you
know who that Someone is? It’s the Lord Jesus Christ!
He loves you so, so much that He came to the earth, died
on the Cross, and rose from the dead to make a way for you
to spend forever with Him!
Class Time Directions
- Press one cross (or Bible) sticker onto the top of the lid,
covering the straw hole.
- With the cup in front of you, add a pinch of white
crinkle paper, a pinch of blue crinkle paper, a spoonful
of rice, and 4 or 5 confetti snowflakes.
- Glue stick the top and side of the rim of the cup.
- Snap the lid onto the cup.
- Press the blue yarn into the gap between the lid and the
cup. It should stick to the glue stick that was applied to
the side of the rim in Step 3.
- Add the remaining 3 cross stickers to the outside of the
cup, evenly spaced.
- Glue stick the verse card to the bottom of the cup (top
of snow globe).
- Baby wipes (cut in half) work well for removing glue
from sticky fingers.