- Colored file folders, 1 per child
- Game Board (2 pages, DVD-ROM or supplemental materials download below)
- White cardstock, 2 sheets per child*
- Accessories and Directions (DVD-ROM or supplemental materials download below)
- White cardstock, 1 sheet per child*
- Question Cards (3 pages, DVD-ROM or supplemental materials download below)
- Blue cardstock, 3 sheets per child
- Action Cards (DVD-ROM or supplemental materials download below)
- Orange cardstock, 1 sheet per child
- Dice, 1 die per child
- Small clear (14 mm) glass gems, 2 per child
- Rubber bands, 2 per child
- Gallon-size zippered baggies, 1 per child
*Add both together for the total amount of white cardstock
Tools and Basic Supplies
- Office paper cutter
- Glue sticks
- Markers, crayons, highlighters, colored pencils
- Photocopy the 2-page Game Board onto white cardstock,
1 set per child. Then use a paper cutter to trim
away the margins (dashed lines) and blank areas from
the left and right sides of each sheet. The pages should
fit together so any gap in the game “path” is minimal.
- Photocopy the Accessories and Directions onto white
cardstock. Then cut the sheets in half where indicated,
1 set per child.
- Photocopy the Question Cards (3 pages) onto blue
cardstock. Then cut the cards out and rubber band 1
set per child.
- Photocopy the Action Cards onto orange cardstock.
Then cut the cards out and rubber band 1 set per child.
- Place a file folder, a set of game board sheets, a game
accessories half sheet, a directions half sheet, a die, 2
glass gems, a set of question cards, and a set of action
cards in a gallon-size zippered baggie for each child.
This week, we've had a ton of fun and learned a lot about
the Bible, the most precious, priceless book ever, haven't
we? Today, we'll end with a great game called the Amazing
ACE Dogsled Race that we can play to keep the VBS
fun going. The husky dogs on our dogsled race can remind
us to be eager and excited to explore God's Word, just like
they're always eager and excited to race. When it comes to
the Bible, let's learn it, love it, and live it!
Class Time Directions
- Use highlighters to color the two dog faces on the game
accessories sheet, but NOT the same color. Then cut
- To make your game pieces, apply glue stick directly to
the dog faces and press each (face up) onto the bottom
of a glass gem. Then set aside to dry.
- Use markers, crayons, highlighters, or colored pencils
to color the two game logos on the game accessories
sheet. Then cut out the folder logo (the one without
the tabs) and glue stick to the front of the file folder.
- Glue stick the two game board sheets to the inside
of the file folder so the pages meet (and line up) at
the fold in the center. “START” should be in the lower
left corner and “FINISH” should be in the upper right
corner. Be sure the pages stop at the fold so the folder
will shut properly.
- Cut out the pop-up logo (with the tabs). Then carefully
cut along the dashed line to divide the tabs in
half. Then fold the logo exactly in half so the print
is on the outside and the corners and tabs meet
together. Then open (unfold) the logo. Next, carefully
fold the 2 “outside” (far left and far right) tabs toward
you, and the two “inside” tabs away from you. With
the tabs folded as such, the logo should now be able
to stand up on its own.
- Glue stick the pop-up logo (tabs only) to the top center
of the game board so that the bottom of the logo lines
up with the angled dashed line and the fold in the logo
lines up exactly with the fold in the folder. The logo
should lie down when the folder is closed and pop up
when the folder is opened.
- Use markers, crayons, highlighters, or colored pencils to
color the game board.
- Now you’re ready to read the directions and play the
- Provide extra game logo sheets available for ones that
are cut incorrectly or damaged.
- Instead of coloring the dog faces to differentiate the
game pieces, purchase two different colors of glass gems
(instead of clear).