These lessons are geared for younger students. Many lessons will, however, include activities for the older student.
The Astronomy Book
by Dr. Jonathan Henry
The second book in the highly successful “Wonders of Creation” series. The Astronomy Book soars through the solar system! The reader will acquire a wealth of knowledge on subjects such as supernovas, red shift, facts about planets, and much more. Enhanced with dozens of color photos and illustrations including official NASA shots!
These lessons are geared for younger students. Many lessons will, however, include activities for the older student. Parents/teachers will easily find the answers to questions in the text, and should prepare themselves by reading the stated pages prior to having the student read the weekly assignment. If a child is not able to read yet, parents may wish to read the text to the student.
- Psalm 8:3
- Isaiah 3:18
- Psalm 81:3
- Isaiah 45:18
Questions to answer:
- Of what are the rings of Saturn composed?
- What other planets have rings?
- What are asteroids? What does “asteroid” mean?
- Do you think the “asteroid belt” between Earth and Mars formed from a planetary explosion? Why or why not?
- Why is Mars called the “red planet”?
- Write an essay answering the question, “Was there ever liquid water
on Mars?” (See also our Astronomy
page for more information.)
- What is the underlying reason that people reject the Biblical account
that Earth was once covered in water?
- What do the catastrophes discussed in this section have in common?
- What is the difference between a comet, a meteor, an asteroid and
- What do we really see when we see a comet?
- What is the “Oort Cloud”? Discuss the problems associated with the
idea. (See also More Problems for the ‘Oort Comet Cloud’ and Comets and the Age of the Solar System for additional information.)
- Do you think a meteor impact caused the extinction of the dinosaurs?
Why or why not? (See also Get Answers: Dinosaurs.)
- The Astronomy Book discusses at least six aspects of the solar
system and universe that confirm the Biblically-based teaching that
the creation is a few thousand years old at most. Write a research paper
summarizing these and any other astronomical evidence that you can
find (see also the Young Age Evidence
and Astronomy pages).
Words to know:
- Shepherd moons
- Nebular hypothesis
- Planetary rings
- Symmetrical cratering
- Oort cloud