Located in southwest Ohio, Cedarville University attracts 3,200 undergraduate, graduate, and online students to more than 100 areas of study. Cedarville is a Christ-centered learning community recognized nationally for rigorous academic programs, strong graduation and retention rates, accredited professional and health science offerings, and leading student satisfaction ratings.
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, embracing all matters which the biblical authors address, and believe that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. II Timothy 3:16,17; II Peter 1:19-21.
2. We believe in one God (eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent) existing as three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one in nature, attributes, power, and glory. Genesis 1:1,26; Proverbs 30:4; Mark 12:29; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 1:1-4, 14,18; Acts 5:3,4.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and that He is both true God and true man. Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; Philippians 2:6-11; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14.
4. We believe in the literal 6-day account of creation, that the creation of man lies in the special, immediate, and formative acts of God and not from previously existing forms of life. Genesis 1:26,27; 2:7-9,16,17; 3:1-19.
We believe that man was created perfect in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual and eternal death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and we are sinners in thought, word, and deed. Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 1:18,32; 3:10-19; 5:12,19.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and rose again for our justification; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood and are saved by grace through faith wholly apart from human merit and works. Acts 13:39; 16:31; Romans 3:21-28; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:3-8.
6. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus are born again by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God and thereby become the children of God forever and are eternally secure. John 1:12,13; 3:3-16; 5:24; 10:28,29; I Peter 1:23; II Peter 1:4-11.
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son; that He was active in creation; that He convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgment; that He is the agent in the new birth; that He baptizes all believers into the body of Christ at conversion; that He indwells, seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies, and helps the believer. Psalm 139:7-12; John 14:16,17; 16:13,14; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 6:19.
We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit are completed and are not applicable to the work of the Holy Spirit today. I Corinthians 12:8-10, 28-30; 14:1-40.
8. We believe in the imminent "Blessed Hope," the Rapture of the church before the tribulation, when the "Lord shall descend from heaven" to catch up His bride to meet Him in the air and "so shall we ever be with the Lord." John 14:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:15-58.
9. We believe in the literal, bodily resurrection of the crucified Lord, His ascension into heaven, His present life there as our High Priest and Advocate, and His personal, bodily, visible return to the earth at the end of the tribulation to establish His millennial kingdom on earth, and to reign as the only Potentate, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Luke 24:36-43; John 20:24-29; Acts 1:9-11; I Corinthians 15:25; Revelation 1:5-7; 19:11-16; 20:6.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead: the saved to a life of eternal glory and bliss in heaven with God; the unsaved to eternal judgment of conscious suffering and woe in the lake of fire. John 5:28,29; Revelation 20:6,11-15; 21:1-8; Matthew 10:28; 18:8,9; 25:41,46; Mark 9:43-49; II Thessalonians 1:6-9.
11. We believe in personal separation from all practices and influences of the world which hinder a spirit-filled life. We believe in biblical separation from all forms of ecclesiastical apostasy. Romans 12:1; James 4:4; I John 2:15-17; II Corinthians 6:14; 7:1; Colossians 3:1-17; Romans 6:1-14; Galatians 5:16-25.
12. We believe that it is the privilege and responsibility of every believer to be a personal soul winner and to do his utmost to give the gospel of Christ to the whole world. Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; John 17:18; 20:21; II Corinthians 5:20.
13. We believe that the local church is an organized congregation of immersed believers associated by covenant; observing the ordinances of Christ; having the offices of pastor and deacon; exercising the gifts, rights, privileges, and responsibilities given them by His Word; and possessing the absolute right of self-government. We believe that the church which is His body includes all New Testament believers. Matthew 18:15-17; I Corinthians 1:2; 7:17; 11:16; I Timothy 3:1-15; I Corinthians 12:28; Ephesians 1:22,23; 2:14,15; 5:23-32.
14. We believe that the scriptural ordinances of the local church are baptism and the Lord's Supper; that baptism, by immersion, should be administered to believers only, as an identifying symbol of their belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Baptism also symbolizes our death to sin and resurrection to a new walk in life. It is a prerequisite to local church membership. We believe that the Lord's Supper is a commemoration of His death and should be preceded by believer's baptism and solemn self-examination. Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 8:36-39; 18:8; Romans 6:3-5; Colossians 2:12; I Corinthians 11:23-32.
* These intensive curricula are tracks in Cedarville's science and health programs and are not considered stand-alone majors.
** Pending accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the Ohio Board of Regents and the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Cedarville University seeks to combine academic excellence with a passion for the Gospel. We are committed to a six-day literal creation, a historic Adam and Eve, an inerrant Bible, and an exclusive Gospel.
Nationally ranked for academic quality, career services, and overall student satisfaction, Cedarville also gathers for chapel five days a week, requires a Bible minor for all undergraduate programs, delivers a biblical worldview in every class, requires every faculty and staff member to affirm our doctrinal statement, enrolls about half our student body in voluntary, on-campus discipleship programs and promotes evangelism and missions on campus through our Student Life and Christian Ministries Division.
Students may choose from more than 100 accredited programs like engineering, nursing, pre-med, business, pharmacy, education, Bible, or liberal arts programs. Our academic excellence shows through statistics like our 78% pass rate on the first time taking the CPA exam which is also first in the state of Ohio for three years running and ranks 24th nationally. Students learn to think critically and biblically so that they may effectively engage culture.
If you want an academically rigorous education that will prepare you for your vocation and if you want to change the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then I encourage you to join us at Cedarville University.
Until He Comes,