A top-rated national TV program in my homeland of Australia called “Q & A” this past Monday featured a panel consisting of the following:
- The Roman Catholic archbishop of Brisbane, Australia
- The founding director of the Griffith University Islamic Research Unit (GIRU) and director of the Queensland node of the National Centre of Excellence for Islamic Studies (NCEIS)
- A Tibetan Buddhist
- A “gay” atheist
- The artistic director of the Queensland Music Festival for the 2009 and 2011 programs
1. In the first eight minutes, the panel is asked about creation. The question posed by a person in the audience actually was a problem in itself, in that the person talked about the beautiful creation. But of course, all is not beautiful; there is beauty but also ugliness because a “very good” creation became marred by sin. But of course, that topic was never discussed. But the most striking part of this section in the TV program was that the Catholic archbishop totally rejected Genesis, thanked God for Darwin, and said God is only good for one thing! To me, the Catholic Archbishop seemed to almost show disdain for the Word of God, yet the Muslim spoke authoritatively and clearly showed he believes his Koran as authoritative. And he defended a literal Adam and a literal Eve. In fact, everyone except the Muslim leader seemed to be closer to the atheist in their beliefs, including the Catholic archbishop.
2. At the 44:25 point in the program, you will see a discussion on homosexuality. The Catholic archbishop, once again, talked around the issue, gave his opinions, and said nothing definitive. But when it came to the Muslim, he called homosexual behavior a sin and also discussed having compassion for the homosexuals. The Muslim spoke authoritatively and actually gave a much more “Christian” answer, if you will, than the archbishop who did not mention the word sin.
3. In the last section at 52:45, you will sadly hear the archbishop grappling for words to deal with the “gay” marriage issue. It’s because he does not speak with the authority of the Word of God. The archbishop just gave his opinions, and he ended up digging himself into a hole. The archbishop merely talked about the “wisdom of the ages”—whatever that is.
I encourage you to watch the three sections I highlighted—see the video below. If only Christian leaders (and Christians in general) would speak with the same sort of authority about God’s Word as the Muslim man did about the Koran, and the church wouldn’t be in such a mess as it is today.
You can watch the video below or on the TV program’s website.
Super Discounts This Next Three DaysAre you coming to the Cincinnati area to attend the homeschool convention there this Thursday through Saturday (April 4–6)? If so, show your convention badge at either of our Creation Museum bookstores and you will receive 20 percent off any regularly priced books, DVDs, curricula, etc. (Sorry, that discount doesn’t apply to already discounted items or combos.)
Also, for anyone visiting the museum this Thursday through Saturday, we have a huge warehouse clearance sale with savings up to 90 percent! Shop for Christmas and other special days now and save an incredible amount on these items from the AiG warehouse. It’s underway right now! Be sure to follow the signs for the “Warehouse Clearance Sale” (downstairs in our big Legacy Hall). Discounts are up to 90 percent on lots of perfectly good overstock plus slightly blemished books, DVDs, T-shirts, stuffed animals, VBS kits from previous years, and more! Most items are in perfect condition. This sale is only on site at the Creation Museum, so be sure to visit by this Saturday.
While it’s free to shop (no museum admission is charged if you are coming only to shop), you can also get $5 off each adult admission. See this event’s online flyer for details. Simply print and bring that page to get your $5 discount, or show the page on your smart phone or tablet at the time of your on-site ticket purchase.
Come and take advantage of this super warehouse clearance sale, the 20 percent savings on regularly priced resources (show your conference badge), and the $5 discount on adult admissions. The weather is great, the petting zoo is open, and of course there are several new exhibits that have been added in the last couple of years. What a fantastic time to come to the Creation Museum!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,