Location: Williamstown, KY
Department: Facilities Maintenance
The HVAC Technician is trained and specializes in repairing and maintaining HVAC and related machines, equipment, and general office appliances. The HVAC Technician is versatile in several areas and executes many tasks in a day. He/she carries out a wide range of duties as directed by the Facilities Maintenance Manager which include maintenance on buildings and general repair. The HVAC Technician is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Uphold the Answers in Genesis vision, mission, and purpose
- Model the AiG Core Values of SERVE in all interactions with guests and staff
- Support and promote Answers in Genesis, Creation Museum, and Ark Encounter
- Understand the basic operations or refrigerant flow in Heat pump and AC operations, and how to properly identify parts
- Understand 3 phase equipment, and DC (Mitsubishi units)
- Perform general HVAC maintenance duties, (clean coils, change filters, belts, speed taps, clean drain pans, etc.)
- Able to work on equipment from 90 ton packaged unit for fresh air to 9000k portable AC equipment
- Understand Super heat and Sub Cooling
- Able to read a gauge set and charge a system
- Work with 410A, R22, 404A, R290 refrigerants
- Run ductwork, in attics and crawl spaces, and in basements (any unconditioned or confined space)
- Ability to work on walk-in freezers and coolers – varying in size from mini fridge to big rack systems
- Able to braze and solder
- Able to recover refrigerant properly and safely
- Run and bend proper line sets
- Understand lock out tag out and safety while working on equipment
- Must be able to look up parts and replace them, OEM or aftermarket
- Be able to size equipment for heat gain, heat loss on a building
- Must be versatile in work assignments and flexible in execution of assignments – ranging from an HVAC Tech to Electrician to Plumber as needed
- Must be able to read blueprints, follow instructions, and change things as needed when problems arise
- Must understand that safety is priority for themselves as well as others in the maintenance team and AIG employees and guests
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Commitment to Christ
- Commitment to AiG mission
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead in a variety of settings.
- Must be able to work under pressure and around people at times
- Work well with others, regularly work with a partner and by themselves at times, and able to finish jobs in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift 80lbs or more and required to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and without fear of heights and able to crawl in small locations, and work in awkward positions.
- Ability to use basic tools and identification of hand tools
- Utilize a multimeter to check amps, voltage, ohms, mil. Volts
- Have basic skills with computers, preferred experience with Building management systems
- Availability to work any combination of days and shifts during park operations including Saturdays and Sundays, being able to be called in after hours with an emergency.
Education & Experience
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Certified HVAC Technician
- 2+ years’ experience in HVAC or related maintenance field