Location: Petersburg, KY
Department: Guest Services
Guest Services Specialist is responsible for creating the best experience possible for our guests. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Answers in Genesis attractions, serving others, enthusiastic, energetic, an excellent multi-tasker, and able and willing to fill or change positions quickly. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external guests to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Provide excellent service to all guests by creating an excellent first impression throughout their visit at the attraction.
- Oversee assigned work area located at the attraction entry/exit points, admissions ticketing windows, rental areas, theaters, and outside areas such as the playground, sluice, and parking lot.
- Provide excellent service to all guests by greeting, directing, and answering questions relative to attraction and event information and wayfinding.
- Proactively engage guests to assertively direct and enforce traffic flow.
- Assist guests with rental purchases such as ECV scooters, wheelchairs, and strollers in a quick and efficient manner utilizing Point-of-Sale system and cash handling procedures.
- Provide guest assistance and training in proper ECV usage and procedures for usage on Museum grounds.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Customer service skills: friendly and courteous with guests
- Assertive in directing traffic flow and giving directions to large crowds.
- Basic Math skills: Accuracy in cash and financial transactions with guests
- Organizational skills: rotation of date sensitive inventory and cleaning
- Must be able to stand and move about throughout the attraction for the entire length of shift.
- Perform duties in varied temperature and weather conditions throughout the attraction (e.g., extreme heat/cold, wind, rain, snow)
- Punctual: arriving to work area at the scheduled time
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older