Location: Petersburg, KY
Department: Site Development & Horticulture
The Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Technician participates in a range of grounds maintenance practices to ensure our guests are exposed to attractive natural settings, beautiful garden displays and park settings, as well as educational gardens.
- Receives instructions and work assignments from the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor or the Grounds Maintenance Manager.
- Assists other Grounds Maintenance Technicians with routine assignments and problem solving.
- Keeps parking lot, walks and driveways clear of debris and litter.
- Uses mowers to cut turf areas; performs minor repair and adjustments of equipment.
- Plants, transplants, cultivates, irrigates, and sprays ornamental plants, shrubs, hedges, trees, and flowers.
- Maintains lake gardens, including the lake itself.
- Maintains proper records of all the aforementioned items.
- Trims trees, hedges, and shrubs; prepares and treats soil for planting annual color.
- Assist in keeping gardens in balance with regards to insect and disease problems, seasonal mulching and dyeing of garden areas, fall leaf removal.
- Trash removal.
- Install drain tile.
- Install stone walls and patios; make repairs to asphalt and concrete; painting of outside structures.
- Operates small and medium size trucks and trailers.
- Operates power equipment such as bobcat, tractor, mowers, chainsaws, weed eater, blowers etc., operates hand tools such as pruners hand saw, hammer, shovels, rakes, pitch forks etc.
- Performs snow removal duties which may require unusual hours.
- Assist with installing Christmas lights throughout the grounds.
- Follows standard operating procedures for all tasks.
- Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Technician may work alone or as a member of a crew and is required to use appropriate safety procedures and appropriate equipment to complete assigned duties.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assist with other divisions as needed.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Commitment to Christ and AiG mission
- Preferred - Knowledge of: standard horticultural and grounds keeping practices; the use and maintenance of grounds keeping tools and equipment.
- This position will require lifting 50-80 pound objects; frequent bending, walking, and standing; exposure to a variety of weather conditions for extended periods of time; exposure to chemicals which may present health hazards if not handled properly; exposure to dangerous power and hand equipment if not used properly.
- Preferred - Ability to: perform general gardening and grounds keeping work; use and maintain tools and equipment; communicate with the ministry guests on facility information, vendors, and contractors, follow written and verbal instructions; perform heavy manual labor; plan and perform basic landscaping functions; learn specialized procedures related to irrigation systems, lake management, equipment, landscaping, pesticide applications, etc.
Education & Experience
- Any combination of education or job related experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to perform tasks is preferred.
- Driver’s license required.
- Traditional & Roth 401K with employer match, 100% vested day 1, (must be 21 years of age to participate)
- Ark Encounter & Creation Museum Family Admission discounts
- Discounted Tickets to local and regional attractions
- And many more Employee Perks
Items needed for possible employment
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen