Location: Petersburg, KY
Department: Public Safety
This position is responsible for duties as they relate to the operation of the Security Console/Office for the safety and protection of AiG and Creation Museum guests, staff, volunteers, and property. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring CCTV, card access and alarms systems, radio dispatch and other communications, issuing ID badges, key control, and any other duties deemed necessary. The Dispatcher is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Perform day to day operations within the department with the overall development of a SERVE culture.
- Promote the AiG mission.
- Must be alert at all times while staffing the Security Console.
- Maintain communication with other security personnel.
- Must enforce organization and museum policies and procedures as they relate to safety, security and fire safety.
- Report any situation that requires service to the museum that may affect the guest experience.
- Coordinate communication and response to any emergency situation.
- Document unusual or reported incidents.
- Assist in guest relation functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have the ability to learn different electronic security and fire safety systems.
- Must exhibit strong communication skills, especially in the area of telephone and radio operations.
- Must embrace the team concept.
- Must have good problem-solving skills and the ability to think “outside the box” for solutions.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task in rapid escalating situations.
- Must have good public relations and diplomatic skills.
- Position requires a flexible work schedule.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Typical physical demands include sitting for long periods of time.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma required (Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus)
- Experience dispatching or working in a similar environment desirable, such as police, security, or EMS
- Experience with computer systems
Items Needed for Possible Employment
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Portfolio website or other examples of recent work
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen