Location: Williamstown, KY
Department: Attractions Operations
SUMMARY: The Vice President of Attractions Operations leads and oversees the operation of the ministry’s attractions of the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum. This responsibility includes leading a team of Directors and Managers focused on the attraction’s purpose of creating world-class, Christ-centered, family attractions impacting guests with life-changing experiences. The larger goal of the VP of Attractions Operations is to ensure all attractions and personnel are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time, and the heart of the ministry. Departments primarily include Operations, Culinary Service, Zoo, Guest Relations, Retail Stores, Housekeeping, Inventory and Logistics. All work is to be done with excellence and professionalism at all times, with conduct worthy of the cause of Christ while displaying our Core Values of SERVE to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Implements, communicates, and champions the ministry’s vision and strategic direction of the ministry’s attractions, developing/managing operational policy and procedures to meet standards of excellence and for the efficient running of all areas in the attractions. These areas include guest services, retail stores, culinary services, zoo operations, housekeeping, and logistics.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to develop and meet ministry goals and standards of excellence to our guests.
- Provides expertise and guidance on delivering a great guest experience while working to strategically grow revenue, efficiently utilize and allocate personnel, and steward the ministry resources.
- Energetically leads the attractions operation leadership with a keen sense of marketing and seeing things from a guest perspective - quickly responding to needs and opportunities, seeking input from and engaging others in decisions, and actively communicating with stakeholders.
- Actively experiences, observes and inspects all aspects of the attractions operations at both locations, regularly performing walk-throughs with the attractions leadership and other stakeholders to insure daily expectation and standards are met.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve the overall guest experience and streamline organizational processes.
- Regular collaboration with the marketing, design and A/V teams to review, update and improving our print and digital communication (signs, handouts, etc.) to guests.
- Participates and engages with the attractions master planning team to ensure guest, staff and operational needs are identified and included in the planning process.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations strategic plan and vision.
- Develop the direction of the day to day operations within each department and guide staff with the overall development of a SERVE culture.
- Leads, mentors and set clear expectations with all staff members to uphold the Quality Service Standards of Safety, Hospitality, Presentation and Efficiency
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves financial results, cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s revenue and expense budget and meet revenue goals in all Attractions departments in conjunction with Senior Leadership objectives.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to senior leadership.
Identifies and lead staff development needs and training in Operations and Attractions
o Maintain a friendly but technically proficient staff that is able to effectively secure, plan and facilitate all phases of the Attractions.
o Work closely with the Director of Operations at all attractions on any personnel issues and/or operations issues.
o Develop strong cross-functional relationships with other AiG departments
- Provide support and input into other areas of the ministry as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated effective leadership experience at a professional level, with themed attractions or similar industry leadership desired.
- General understanding of marketing and business principles inclusive of budget development and management.
- Previous experience managing large numbers of personnel over multiple shifts with a focus on efficiency, utilization, and customer service.
- Commitment to Christ and passionate about AiG mission
- A self-starter – able to meet objectives with minimum direct supervision
- Ability to develop relationships that produce results
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Has a strong understanding of marketing
- Time management and prioritization abilities
- Comprehensive office-based computer skills
- High marks in integrity, creativity, flexibility and initiative
- Must be able to travel between locations as required
- Items needed for possible employment with completion of online application:
- Salvation testimony
- Creation belief statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list