Location: Petersburg, KY
The Advancement Lead, publications and events, oversees the publications and promotional materials of the Advancement Department and provides donor-facing and administrative support for Advancement Department events.
As the Advancement Lead, Publications and Events, you are detailed oriented with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. You have an ability to prioritize and plan work activities and an ability to use time efficiently. You are persistent in pushing through to deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and thoroughness.
In Regard to Publications
- Lead the publications plan for the Advancement Department. Currently this includes the monthly appeal letter and all HSP related promotional materials.
- Generate and maintain the appeal letter and HSP calendar insuring deadlines are met
- Ensure that all content maintains a high standard of excellence. Proof-read and edit copy and content to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Assist with occasional writing as needed.
- Assist with processing the monthly hand-signed letter from Ken to our top supporters (organize for Ken to sign, entering PS notes made by Ken into donor’s accounts)
- Serve as the liaison to the branding, product development, marketing and web content groups for all requests related to publications
In Regard to Events
- When called upon, assist the Advancement fund raising events, meetings, and other advancement activities.
- Attend and assist with execution of Behind the Scenes events as well as off-site events.
- Occasional weekend and evening hours
In Regard to Maintaining and Expanding Donor Base
- Assist the Director of Advancement in developing letters and promotional materials to capture and steward donors.
- Provide the Director of Advancement with analytic reports (expenses, ROI, trends) to monitor success of all publications.
In Regard to Donor Stewardship
- Along with the entire Advancement Team, initiate thank you calls and write cards to AiG supporters when called upon.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- HS Degree and a minimum of five years work experience utilizing similar skills and responsibilities.
- Must exhibit mature & professional character to represent ministry well in interactions with donors.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills combined with phone skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner—a team player.