Location: Petersburg, KY
Summary: Receives direction and responsibilities from the Housekeeping Manager. Participates in a wide-range of housekeeping duties to ensure that every area our staff and guests are exposed to is clean, healthy, and attractive with specific attention to the cleanliness of the whole Creation Museum facility. The Associate is also responsible for ensuring all Museum setup and teardown Events are covered, including developing methods and procedures to keep up with changing demands and priorities
- Performs housekeeping and janitorial duties during regular working hours to help maintain high standard of cleanliness. Duties include trash pick-up, dusting furniture, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, cleaning hallways, detail restroom cleaning (private office and public spaces), floor waxing, window cleaning, etc.
- Cleaning the bathroom sinks, toilets, floors, mirrors and restocks necessary bathroom items.
- Cleans staff lunchroom including: wiping down tables, microwaves, and refrigerators and floors.
- Cleans museum restaurant and other Museum common areas.
- Cleaning all areas open to the public in Museum spaces.
- Process trash removal and corrugated scraps with a compactor.
- Inventories janitorial supplies as needed.
- Polishes all door brass and necessary furniture in conference rooms.
- Assist with setup of the facility to prepare for special events and guests.
- Clean up after high profile meetings.
- Performs event set-up and teardown in all applicable rooms.
- Performs tent setups and manages upkeep and storage.
- Responsible for tablecloth Ironing, inventory, upkeep and storage.
- Responsible for all laundry in regards to events; I.E., Table Cloths, ETC.
- Responsible for all chair inventory, upkeep, and storage
- Responsible for pipe and drape setups
- Responsible for Legacy Hall Special Events separate from Museum Events
- Responsible for Deck Lane bed making and all laundry
- Responsible for all outdoor activity setup, which includes tents, tables and chairs for picnics, archery, and special event signs placed in strategic locations in lieu of a special event
- All Christmas Town needs which includes table cloths
- Identify and assess key areas for possible improvement, involving the facility maintenance.
- Routinely inspects and maintains the main building, outlying restrooms and pavilions.
- Assists with plans, budgets and schedules for facility maintenance and modifications.
- Maintains secure, clean and organized work areas and storage rooms.
- Assist in the threat reaction program.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned by management.
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Physical exertion requiring standing and walking all day, repeated bending and lifting, ability to lift up to 40 + lbs.
- Operate a floor scrubber and other cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, supplies and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Must be dependable and adapt to changing work priorities and flexible work hours.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Candidate must have reliable transportation and a current driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be able to work routine perform tasks using ladders and Man Lifts; heights can be up to 35 feet off the ground.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.