Location: Williamstown, KY
Department: Environmental Health & Safety
This position is part of the Answers in Genesis Safety Department and supports the AiG projects and personnel with safety inspections, project planning, employee training, and other safety and health services. This individual must possess a high level of organization and time management skills. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. He or she must be able to effectively communicate with various audiences as well as people at different levels within the organization. Additionally, this individual must be a self-starter.
This individual should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards
- Work with Management teams on job site safety planning, including but not limited to the following:
- Pre-construction safety meetings
- Contractor safety orientations
- Weekly site safety inspections
- Involvement in OSHA inspections and related follow-up
- Accident/incident investigation
- Research on safety topics
- Participate and/or Facilitate Safety Committees
- - Development and implementation of safety programs:
- Training programs focusing on the specific needs of a project
- General safety training for AiG employees
- Safety training programs designed for Contractors, Leadership, etc.
- Development of safety toolbox talks
- Assist in development of written safety programs, guidelines, SOP’s, policies, etc.
- Develop and /or lead safety initiatives including leading some new innovations from start to finish
- Identify and communicate safety trends through safety observation tracking processes
- - Administrative functions including but not limited to:
- Completion of paperwork, associated with safety inspections, accident/incident follow-up, OSHA inspections, employee training, safety orientations
- Written communication for safety department members about new safety approaches and information compiled at seminars and education programs
- - All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for Health and Safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of safety management systems
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be a critical thinker and possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to function both as an individual and as be a team player.
- Must have good time-management skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Experience
- 2 years of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Knowledge of Federal OSHA, Kentucky OSHA, NFPA, and EPA regulations
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials and SDS practices
- Min. of 2 years of experience in incident/accident reporting
- BSc/BA in safety management or similar field preferred
- Experience to support the qualities and responsibilities identified with this position
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list