Location: Petersburg, KY
Department: Human Resources
The HRIS Specialist is an integral role that will help build out and drive reporting processes for the Human Resources team at Answers in Genesis. This role will take ownership of the HRIS system and manage day to day reporting and assist in the implementation of different HR modules. This role will manage and drive data integrity, the auditing, reviewing, analyzing and making suggestions on improvements in system based on that data. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flow for all existing Paylocity modules including recruiting, payroll and benefits
- Maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes and to improve data management and efficiency.
- Partner with HR Team on upcoming implementation projects for Paylocity modules such as data and workflow management, performance and compensation management, learning management system, and training, and act as a liaison between Human Resources, Information Technology, Benefits, and Payroll to support HR projects.
- Perform HR system testing for system implementations, upgrades, patches, and enhancements
- Create appropriate user documentation and procedures for new system module implementations
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools.
- Compiles or assists with the acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs for senior leadership and the HR team.
- Facilitate organizational & process changes, collaborating with leadership and HR team as well as providing communication, training, and execution on projects
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements
- Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Comprehensive knowledge in HR applications such as: payroll, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation management, benefits administration/enrollment, leave administration, compliance, etc
- Experience in documenting processes, performing diagnostic tests, audits and HR performance metrics.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication skills and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline oriented with ability to multi-task and ability to keep information confidential.
- Intermediate/Advanced level of ability to develop, manipulate and maintain spreadsheets in MS Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with HR team
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and ability to use time efficiently.
- Adapts easily to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Faith-based: must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Committed: maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Faithful: regularly attends a local Bible-believing church.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older with good driving record and valid driver’s License
Education & Experience
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Associates Degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- At least 2+ years HR Systems experience that includes working with different HR modules and providing technical support. Paylocity experience a plus but not required.
- Prior experience with HR technology projects or HCM implementations strongly preferred
- PHR/SPHR, preferred